Moi

http://moi3d.com/index.htm

Have a gander at this baby! :smiley: Still in Beta

…old news. (Just get back from that stasis-sleep cruise to Alpha Centauri Prime, didja? :smiley: ) Great little app, tho! I’ve not gotten too deep into it because of it going payware soon and not knowing how much it’ll run and not wanting a bunch of my model data tied up in it. Pretty lame, I know, but, oh well… hope it comes out cheap!

Agreed, it’s a nice app but the final version is going to run about $200 US which is not in my budget ATM :frowning:

$200!!! … for that?

I hope the programmers did not quit their day job.

Actually it’s one programmer, Michael, who was also one of the creators of Rhino3D. IMO the program is every bit worth the $200 but I would say it’s more for people that use it to make real world items such as jewelery and machinery. It’s great for 3D imagery as well but not if your going to use the models for a game. It’s a NURBs modeler.

…old news.

Why are some people on forums so pedantic? Its hilarious! :smiley:

Thing was no one mentioned about it on this forum yet and I thought I might as well.

Well, As a matter of fact, moi is old news… its been around for a little while, I know, because I’ve used it…, I’ve got no problem with your mentioning of a Great piece of software…, If you didn’t know it had been mentioned before, or you just wanted to reiterate…

But to say no one has “Mentioned it before” makes you seem very ignorant to me… Not to mention attacking(ish) forum members…

You obviously didn’t bother spending any time to — http://www.digitalredplanet.com/images/search_blender_icon.png

:eyebrowlift:A Search for “moi”…:eyebrowlift:

After searching for 3mins…

Including these threads

1. Asking for tutorials…
    2.A post in the greatFree 3D modelers thread…
    3. And this one…

Not to mention all the great projects that have been done, with moi, like LOTRJ’s gears…

Sorry if I seem rash…, but “phoenix123”'s post just… seemed… like it was looking for a fight…, or just plain ignorant…

Please don’t see this as an attack, but to show the benefits of “Searching”…

Sincerely,
~Marslyr

P.S. the icon was created from this set
And is released under the same license… as recuired! :wink:

And your reply has just proven the point i’ve made. If you think I posted this thread to look for a fight, you must have real trouble coping in life. Maybe EVERYONE is probably attacking you! LOL What a joke! Get a life!

Seriously I searched and I didnt find it coming up staring me in the face

1. Asking for tutorials…
    3. And this one…

Where does it say MOI??? it doesn’t.

And I’m not going to spend hours going through pages and pages of forum looking for a tidbit of info about it, like you might, just to see if I could post a thread about it. Just be cool, if someones mentioned it before, let it slide, who honestly cares??? Don’t act like a loser… AND I’m new to this forum.

Not everyone has time to spend hours on this forum and act hypocritical by poaching other forum users like you do because of apparent ignorance.

I believe that quote is an oxymoron right there… who gives a red beet as to whether you’re new or not, is that some kind of shield you’re hiding behind?

and by the way… “Where does it say MOI?” can you not read? they are right there… Go on. I bet you didn’t even click them.

Well… interesting…

And your reply has just proven the point i’ve made. If you think I posted this thread to look for a fight, you must have real trouble coping in life. Maybe EVERYONE is probably attacking you! LOL What a joke! Get a life!
I am sorry you felt you had to attack me…, um…, I don’t find that everyone is attacking me or I wouldn’t have anytime to blend ;), And sadly If I didn’t have a life I couldn’t be typing this…:stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously I searched and I didnt find it coming up staring me in the face
What did you search?

Here is a search for “moi” it has tons! of hits…

. Asking for tutorials…
3. And this one…

Where does it say MOI??? it doesn’t.
um…, did you click on the links?

All from those 3 links —

MoI tutorials?
does anyone know where to find some MoI (moment of insperation) tutorials?

Anyways, Tictoon, I messed with MOI a little bit a while ago, and I think Mr. Gibson is still working on a manual. He encourages questions from newbies and seems eager to help. Link–> MOI Forums

Another modeler that some may not know about is MoI. You can find it here…
http://moi3d.com/

Moment of Inspiration beta
Hello.
I’ve stumbled across an interesting new CAD modeler with a “Unique” inerface and workflow.

So far, I think it’s pretty smooth. Kind of interesting workflow too.

this version is free, but the following version is going to be pay. Not open source.

MOI

I think it’s worth checkin out.

In thier forums, the developers mention using Blender as part of MOI’s workflow

I am sorta amazed that you can say, it didn't say "moi" anywhere in those threads...

> And I'm not going to spend hours going through pages and pages of forum looking for a tidbit of info about it, like you might, just to see if I could post a thread about it
Well, I am sorry you feel that way, but [<i><b>a simple search for "moi"</b></i>](http://blenderartists.org/forum/search.php?searchid=821786) only gives one page of results.... :eyebrowlift2:

> just be cool, if someones mentioned it before, let it slide, who honestly cares???
If you had read my post you would see...

> I've got <b>no</b> problem with your mentioning of a Great piece of software...
My problem as I said in my post is... is that you said no one had mentioned it before to somehow prove other forum members wrong..., when clearly it had been mentioned ...

>  But to say no one has "<b>Mentioned it before</b>"

> Don't act like a loser... AND I'm new to this forum.
It seems to me that you are just saying this, and the fact that "No one had mentioned it" as a way just to hide from the slightest criticism?

> Not everyone has time to spend hours on this forum and act hypocritical by poaching other forum users like you do because of apparent ignorance.
Well, First off I would very rarely spend hours on this forum.., 
Secondly how am I acting hypocritical?
Thirdly, Its not your ignorance, I am having a problem with..., its the way you are very "aggressively defending yourself from a non-existent attack..."

I hope you don't Misinterpret my post, though I am thinking chances are that you might... :(

<b>EDIT: On topic(ish) moi is a GREAT piece of software, try it out! </b>;)

Sincerely,
~<i>Marslyr</i>

What? There ISNT an oxymoron there. I’d read the meaning up in the dictionary before you use words you don’t know. And what do I need to defend myself against? Small minded individuals who live on a forum and feel it is their duty to gang up & cut others down? Did you have inferiority issues when you were kids that you need to vent out here?? How funny, get a life :smiley:

I merely state another piece of software which I like. Someone responds, ‘…old news’ like the comic book store nerd from the simpsons. Nothing wrong with me commenting on the pedantic nature of some of this forum’s users, it’s a truism by what you’ve ascribed to me. I also believe your violating the terms of usage on this forum and so you should drop it. None of you are going to win and I’m no longer responding to this thread because it’s pointless and you shouldn’t have started.

Just be cool, don’t act like a dick.

“And what do i need to defend myself against?”

What exactly are you doing then, re-stating your opinion? If you don’t need to attack or defend… then just drop it and “get a life”.

Seriously. Don’t respond to this.

Welcome to the board Phoenix123. Not everyone here is a snarky jackass. And thanks for the info on Moi. I hadn’t heard of it before - so I never would have done a search for it… until you mentioned it. Thanks.

Well, I fell sorry, that this has spiraled out of control, I am sorry If anything I wrote was interpreted the wrong way, and was interpreted as an attack, or offensive, It wasn’t it was just to try to explain the benefits of searching and,

That I felt that it was unjust for “phoenix123” to use the fact that

Thing was no one mentioned about it on this forum yet
(Which is very incorrect)
as a way to make “mzungu” seem in the wrong…,
I just wanted Everyone to know that in fact it was old news…

@phoenix123

don’t act like a dick.
I am saddend that you felt you had to end your post in an obscene way…

@SKPjason

> Not everyone here is a snarky jackass. I am sorry you feel that someone in this thread has acted snarky, I hope I am not one of them, But I feel that your comment doesn't really apply to anyone in this thread. with the exception of those who have been rude/obscene...

so I never would have done a search for it
And I am sorry that you so misinterpreted my posts that you had to throw this little verbal barb, into your post…

I think it would be really sad, for a Post in “Other Software” to have to get Locked so I am no-longer going to say anything in this thread, and I truly hope that no-one else says something the thread could be closed for…

Sincerely,
~Marslyr

I even has try to convince him to go open source blender route but he would not burge!!
May be someone else sould try to convince him to join Blender development.

Cheer

Heh, heh… I do come across as a “know-it-all” sometimes… Sorry, wasn’t my intention. (and I do look a little like that Simpsons comic book geek - except I dress better :smiley: )

I do like it when folks point out a new bit of software in this forum… its why I drop by often. Thanks for that.

http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&final_uri=.%2Fdiscussion.php%3Fwebtag%3DMOI%26amp%3Bmsg%3D521.1
My discussion with the developer of moi3d - if anybody want to put in their two cents worth!!!

Well blimey, how odd is that!

You workin’ for free? Or do you do you still live at your parents house, food, gas, electricity, water, and so on?