Molecular + for Blender 2.8 - 4.0+

update 1.1.10

• fixed UV baking
  • added arm64 ( M1 Max) on osx

https://github.com/u3dreal/molecular-plus/releases/tag/1.1.10

4 Likes

Thank you! A bit late … but I got your response :slight_smile:

I Have been trying to get Molecular Script installed to get to work, and once I install it, it simply will not let me enable it and this is the error code, I cant find ANY HELP anywhere else on the internet, someone please have a fix for this (I am using Blender 3.5)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 3.5\3.5\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py”, line 333, in enable
mod = import(module_name)
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘molecular-plus-1’

Isn’t the blender version you use different from the installation version
It runs on blender 3.6 (Blender 3.0+ → use Python 310 version).

Blender 2.92 → use Python 37m version
Blender 2.93+ → use Python 39 version
Blender 3.0+ → use Python 310 version

1 Like

Thanks for helping out Kim !

1 Like

Hey @u3dreal - Is it possible to add a feature that allows you to bake until a given frame - Say bake till frame 100, then after particles are displaced you can manually go and add new colliders to attack the displaced particles?, then make addon read the baked cached till frame 100, and continue baking with new colliders! - I need this because everytime I bake, the disloged particles end up in different postions after collision, so its hard to target the disloged particles after 100-200 frames, Its takes me 10-15 attempts before I get a collision correctly.

This seems to be a rather special case … no idea how this could be done …

update .

3 Likes

help!!! i can’t install molicular scripts in blender 3.6

You need to install an older version…

New Version with huge updates

4.0 is not supported yet … still some things to fix.

1 Like

get the latest i’m developing on 3.6

1 Like

looks like it is possible after all

1 Like

update

now works with Blender 4.0 and 4.1alpha

2 Likes

Blender version: 3.3.2
Molecular+ version: 1.12.1

Video example: Link
Test file: bg6_help.blend (1.1 MB)

Hello,

I have used Molecular+ a decent amount, it is awesome. But suddenly I’m running into an issue I have not experienced before and I can’t figure out how to get around it.

Baking works fine and this is the result:

Render looks messed up, there are cubes above:

In the particle settings: Render → Object, if I disable and re-enable any setting, like “object scale” – suddenly I can see the issue in the viewport:

These are my bake settings. And the emitter was created with “3D Grid”:

What is causing the discrepancy in the render?

No idea what went wrong there but you use an outdated version … get the latest plz

No difference after updating… dang.

This is really strange never expirienced something like that …
It looks like some particles are reset … but why ? Did you bake the cache to finish ?
In the new version the cache does not automatically get baked when you stop the simulation
because of resume feature this changed.
The fact that things change once you change some particle settings rather show the cache might be devaluated …

1 Like

looks like there are still some unborn particles left …

You can make them visible by checking unborn in render → extra in particle settings

No idea why …

i updated the file to 1.14 … make sure to use the buttons on create to make a molecular object … then change the settings in particles … when i use a cube instead of the sphere for emitter it works …

bg6_help_fixed.blend (4.6 MB)

1 Like

Ah… wow – even testing with reverting back to previous version, yes the issue seems to be the sphere. Creating a cube and using the same particle data, no issue. Strange. Noted – spheres are bad! :face_vomiting:

Thanks very much for checking it out and testing it, It’s greatly appreciated. Cheers.