Molto Espressivo WIP

Got the modeling on him done–now on to coloring and texturing.

9 Likes

Very clean! Love the symetric feel.

Keep on keeping on!

• Mauk
1 Like

Thanks very much–will do!

Jim

Great curves and lines! Very clean model. Excited to see where this one goes

1 Like

Thank you! There are going to be a number of other characters so I’ve got a ways to go, but I’m happy with the way I’m starting out.

I got some color on this guy–way simpler textures than previous Blender projects and I’m liking them a lot more.

The thing I wanted to get into with this Blender project was altering meshes I already modeled to make different people and it looks like it’s going to work!

Another singer made from the original mesh–just added some glasses and earrings

Wow, if you printed these out you could start a collectible choir craze !
Very nicely done.

Thanks very much! I’d never done a Blender project where I reused a mesh before, so I’m amazed by the mileage you can get out of the same basic geometry.

These are just individual shots cobbled together in Photoshop, so none of the lighting or the drapery makes sense yet–just to get a sense of their relative heights. Three down, 5 more to go!

I’m probably going to forget about my original idea for this one and just make it a choir of people singing–I’m liking the way they’re all looking together without any “punch line”.

5 down, 3 to go! I’m finally getting the hang of making hair.

I “cheated” on this one and gave him a new nose, but the rest of his face is still the original mesh I used for all the others.

This is the last of the women–one more guy to go before I can start putting the whole group together!

Last of the singers–now I can concentrate on getting them all together and lighting them when I get back to it!

Molto Espressivo

All the faces and hands are variations of the same mesh–the basic geometry’s the same; I just pushed and pulled vertices around to come up with the different characters. Th next project is going to be much simpler so I can concentrate on the way light and color interact.