Monitor Color Calibration?

Does anyone have any programs or methods I could use to calibrate and LCD monitor? I recently printed one of my projects and it looks completely different on paper than on screen.

The software needs to be able to run mainly on Windows, but if Linux is supported, great! Also, I don’t have much money now. . . . so I am hoping for a free solution.

I have heard of some program called LittleCMS, but I’m not sure what it’s supposed to do exactly.

Windows XP SP2 has a program for colour management that Microsoft made.

look on their website.

i cann’t personally use it because i have SP1 and will not upgrade :stuck_out_tongue:

Alltaken

Sometimes when you install something from Adobe, a little control panel thingy appears that can do color calibration, but it only happens sometimes…

you can always go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration if you have adobe software installed. double click on Adobe Gamma.cpl to open the dialog.

it is very simple, but the wizard is handy.

Sweet i didn’t know about that utility.

i had previously set my monitor correctly. but i just did it again.

although all my printing used to be fine. (have a laser colour printer) but luckily my monitor didn’t change in anything except brightness, and gamma a bit (no colour balance was changed since it was already set on the hardware level correctly)

lets see if my printing is better now :stuck_out_tongue:

i wonder if there is a Colour profile wizard for my scanner.

Alltaken