monitor setup

I have just got a new wide-screen monitor and am having trouble setting up the correct resolution to work with blender. The grid, as you look at it in the default view when you start up blender, is currently stretched on the x axis. I cannot seem to adjust the the screen size without effecting the image quality; the only resolution that does not distort is 960 x 600.
I have a 19’ Flatron L194ws and am running Vista.
I would appreciate any input or advice:o

If 960x600 isn’t distorting the picture, then I’m guessing you have a 16:10 monitor. You shouldn’t have to set a special resolution to work with blender. Using your monitor’s native resolution would be your best option (some common 16:10 resolutions are 1280x800, 1440x900, 1680x1050, 1920x1200) A quick google says that your monitor’s native resolution is 1440x900, so try that. Hope everything works out :smiley:

:slight_smile: thnxs for the response, will give it a try…

It worked a treat tatsuyame, blender is now displayed in correct proportion. However all my apps are now just a bit to big for the monitor, so I am having to switch between res setting which I can live with (unless there is a way around it). Thanks for your help:D:D:D

Hm…it takes a bit of time to get used to a new large resolution. Stick with it for a time and you shouldn’t need to switch. And glad I could help :smiley: