Montreal Meeting for the Open Source launch (NEW LOCATION)

I can’t stop people from speaking french, but everyone I know is pretty much bilingual and wouldn’t mind switching to english for an afternoon. All in all, if there enough people that only understand english, we would switch to english as the main language. It’s no use having a meeting where people don’t understand one another, and, like I said, most people coming from the Montreal area will probably be bilingual.
It could be a problem if not manage correctly, but I guess will have to see when we’ll be there.

Martin

Cool! I’m sure that would bring more people than a normal meeting would.

A mention on the site would be great!

Martin

Even if there is no enough people that speak only english and some that speak only french I could be your translator! lol no Approx all the person near montreal speak english and french so dont worry about that!

X-WARRIOR: hehehehe. I could do that also, in case some people don’t know already, english is not my main language :wink:

Martin

I made an official website for the meeting:

http://www.clubinfo.bdeb.qc.ca/~theeth/BLMeeting.html

Ton told me he will probably put that link on the blender3d.com front page, so more people should notice it.

Any questions, don’t be afraid to e-mail me, and be sure to send your confirmation e-mail, so we can discuss a general arrival time and such details.

Martin

I could come quite easily … if I’m not busy that day … is there place for a 14 years old blenderhead? :smiley: I’d love to have tips and see the people who uses that great FREE software (a little plug :stuck_out_tongue: )

Drak

Of course there’s a place for you!

Maybe I wasn’t clear enough, but every Blenderhead is invited to come (well, everyone except any local politicians, even if they are blenderheads :stuck_out_tongue: )

Martin

Is anybody planning one of these in Western Canada?
I live in Calgary, AB and I don’t think I’ll be able to make it all the way over to Montreal, but if there was on in the west, I wouldn’t want to miss it.

Hmmmm…
About 730 miles from Toledo to Montreal. A hard day’s drive. Anyone from this area up for a car pool?

Bob

http://www.clubinfo.bdeb.qc.ca/~theeth/BLMeeting.html New update!

Martin

Okay Theeth, how many people would you estimate are going to be there at this point? My wife and I may come on over if there are enough people interested (my wife is a passive Blenderhead, she cant use it, but she makes me blend up her designs when she was to redecorate a room). We live in Missouri though, so we will obviously have to fly, and Id hate to pay $1000 for us to get there and there are only 5 other people there! Thanks for organizing this, man, even if I don`t get to go.

KJ

P.S… Whats the legal drinking age over there??? :wink:

(Came to America 2 months after I turned 18 in England, never did have a chance to buy myself a drink while I was legal…)

The legal drinking age is 18 here.

There’s eleven people registered so far (only including people that e-mailed me), not including myself and the two or three people that I know personnaly.

Martin

I would be interested, either Toronto or Southwestern Ontario area within reasonable reach…

Dak, I’ve traveled around the local area to nearby cites to attend meets and events related to another hobby, many of these meetings not only had clinics and such, but you get meet other folks that have an interest as well.

An idea here is to form a local user group…

someone offered to bring a digital video camera to the meeting, so we will probably be recording parts of it and broadcasting live. 8)

Martin starting to be really anxious