Moon landing

featured

(tomket7) #1

Hey! :slight_smile:

I’ve finished my latest project about moon landing. It’s interesting because I got the idea last year then I just realised hey It’s coming the 50 years anniversary of the moon landing! :smiley:

It’s modelled in blender and my plan was that I’ll render it with cycles but I think my lighting is too complicated with the lot of soft shadow and volumetrics so it took 8 hours for cycles (in 1080p) and it was still noisy soooo I gave a shot for eevee. It’s unbelievable that I could setup the same lighting and the render took just a few minutes. I don’t say it’s the same quality as cycles but it’s pretty close so I choose eevee. (the DOF did’t work but it’s still a beta so…) I’ve made some color correction with PS.

Maybe some parts a little bit low poly which seems annoying in 4K but I don’t want to spend more time with it… :smiley:

4K:
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipO5cSKQhzfqP5RN-_cTeLGWejdB_YtGfWt_7-mQs8dh2B0IrQa5pFj9nKQSRpUA-g/photo/AF1QipM_vDwRje5dge_ATiWWwPnzLF9sT3lNG0MnBLgH?key=dDMtbkZqcElFSWRYRlpsYlhvS3FSZUt5aE9aSlNB

I can’t wait for the official 2.8 :slight_smile:

(Grzesiek) #2

Love the concept. And the execution.

The spider web is a very nice touch… makes it a sad image.

(John Malcolm) #3

That’s a fantastic idea and end result.

(Bart Veldhuizen) #4

I featured you on BlenderNation, enjoy!

(tomket7) #5

Oh, thank you very much Bart! :slight_smile:

(V!nc3r) #6

Very nice image, composition & idea. I love how you have figured the different travel steps :slight_smile:

'was immediatly put as my new wallpaper, thanks.

(Bart Veldhuizen) #7

You’re #featured! :+1:

(robocyte) #8

Love it, brilliant idea and execution!

(centauri) #9

My first thought:
One of the best CGI I have ever seen :pleading_face:

(Bohdan Lvov) #10

absolutely love it!

(tomket7) #11

Thank you very much guys! :slight_smile:

(Salicio) #12

I not see better concept last 10 years. Excellent work and excellent realization.

(Erik Hall) #13

fu-cking love it. Great lighting and the Models seem to be really good. The Fire effect is also very good and the scene in general looks more like a pice of Art then some Rendering. Only thing i would change is to put a bit more stuff into the background. Like all the Rockets that were launched or a Reference to Apollo 1.

But i can say without a doubt, this is under my top 3 Renders.

(cekuhnen) #14

Ah Blender

and years years ago a professor told me the app will never be good …

Fantastic work man!

(rombout) #15

an this is such a cool scene :slight_smile: Do you have any backstory on the composition and such?

(anas) #16

nice work !!!

(mziskandar) #17

Beautiful art of an ancient civilization moon landing.
Hopefully theres a new moon landing coming up since we have better tech.

now that’s art, awesome!

(tomket7) #19

Thanks! :slight_smile: To be honest I run out of ideas about the background. There are some models on the shelf but I hide theme with volumetric otherwise it seemed to be too chaotic for me. As for the far side of the table yee it’s a little empty… Apollo 1 is a good idea… Please send me a time machine and I make it :smiley:

(tomket7) #20

I think It’s just depend on desperation and policy. Some people say that Saturn-5 was unnecessary big for the Moon it’s probably built for reaching Mars later but that never happened and we stucked in earht’s orbit with the space shuttle… :frowning: Maybe SpaceX will do it… come on Elon! :smiley: