moonman

here’s a little image i made to relax a bit during project orange.

http://artificial3d.com/images/thumbs/moonman.jpg

erm… not that little in fact… click the thumbnail to see the whole thing :wink:
blender+gimp+seashore [a gimp port for mac osx]

have fun!
.andy

To be honest I found most of your work… well… just good. But this one, g#dd@mn, this one is really, really great.
Love the character and the lighting… and the skinmaterial. :slight_smile:

Sago

i give up man. there’s no point becoming a blender artist when we have someone like you.

ever have one of those itches that only a gun barrel can scratch ? this image causes me to have one…

Hey andy just out of curiosity how long have you been creating art? How long did this piece take you? The textures are awesome. Your one of the few artists that post exceptional work here.

Thank you. At last some good work in the finished projects section. :smiley:

Hmmm… The eypatch looks odd, looks like some of those stars are being reflected off of it, IOR?
Really awsome image though, I love the eye’s.

It’s Gollum on steroids!! :o :stuck_out_tongue:

@ndy, I have to say that this is the best lit render I have seen from you, period. Superb lighting in this. Really sets the model off the way it should be. When I get my “Crow” character done, this is exactly the lighting I will be looking for. The nightlight just looks perfectly done.

Is the skin procedural, or a map of some sort? Probably a bit of gimping involved in it as well, but some basic explanation would be nice. Very well done on the skin shader.

Exceptional work, as always. Thanks for sharing yet again.

BgDM

The true quality of this piece comes not from the model (which is very nice, but not jaw-dropping), but from the materials, lighting, and concept. I think @ndy’s exceptionall skills lie not in the actual substance, but in his ability to capture the mood and setting just perfectly.

I especially like the skin material you used. Very cool.

Great job! I love the skin, pose, model and eyepatch (YAR!).

Great concept- love the eye
very nicely done

So good to see new art from you @ndy. The eye patch was a nice idea. Superb work on the lighting, textures, and pose.

RobertT

vary vary nice picture but it looks like you got abit of streathcing on the top of the right arm in your texture

seriously beautiful work man!
love the eyes.

Wow.

See…when they find me hanging in my closet with from a belt, the note will read:

Just couldn’t stand it. Will never be as good as @ndy and others. Nothing left to live for. Goodby cruel world…

laughs

Damn good job @ndy, and I’m sure it was modelled with the sickening speed you displayed at blendcon. There seems to be some slight texture stretching in the chest area, but that may just be a trick of my eye at this late hour. Kudos to you and keep up the good work. It really is a pleasure to open up a thread and see something that’s really just breathtaking. Wow.

Tal

Two main things really caught my attention. First off is that it looks like a traditional art piece, not so much 3D art. I like the feel of this picture.

Second is his eye. I’m not exactly clear on how you achieved the effect in his eye, but the way it is composed is just plain awesome.

I wish I could make “little” things like this in my spare time, haha.

nice! btw, the link in ur sig is broken…

oh well, it’s … o.k…

.b

fantasticness. Hey wasn’t it all procedural? no way the texture can stretch :wink:

It’s a nice enough image, for sure…but one thing bugs me…it reminds me a little too much of a work done by pascal blanché.

wow man… thats some awsome stuff you are making…

is it fun to work on the orange projekt ?