moonman

well he can’t write a tutorial for every post he makes, and besides he’s busy with project orange, so don’t distract him, or basse and the others will have to beat him with the flogging stick to make him work.

i know

i have standed right before him

but maybe making a little time for his fans could help

:o WOW… :o
My greatest idol: @ndy
My second greatest idol: A. Einstein

Seems like just gimp and seashore, but I’m not sure exactly what seashore does.

seashore is an OS X native port of Gimp,

LetterRip

Beautiful modeling and texturing as always @ndy.
Question: When you texture your models, do you UV map or use some other technique?

Thanks,
~Alex

To all those making comments about comitting suicide because you’re afraid that @ndy’s piece is so good that you won’t be able to live up to it, that isn’t very nice. You might think that’s just self-depracation, but consider how that makes the artist feel. :expressionless:

Amazing piece as usual @ndy. I particularly like the milky effect of the visible eye.

Good

ok, very good.
:wink:

Excellent. The lighting is terrific, and, as Rocketman stated earlier, capturing the mood of an image seems to be your specialty.

hello!
:o Wow! it’s probably your best work!
So impresive, so great!
I’ d rather this design than the all of your last pictures…
I will enjoy a lot to see him in motion.
So great!

Paroneayea - …

pft.

Nuff Said.

@ndy -

Realized that I know the perfect song to go with this image…makes me think of your Moonman (who now graces my desktop). Perfect Circle - “Gravity”

If you’ve never heard it, you oughta pick it up and give it a listen…I think it’s the mood exactly.

Tal

This is top notch like always @ndy. Are we going to see a scene expansion or even an animation? I would personally like to know the story behind the tatoo and the bandage over his eye. Very good.

:o what the fu** was that. You are amazing men! Really great work.
What do you eat, where do you sleep… how do you that [!] [!]

Moved to gallery section.

BgDM

i seen this on the cover of 3dworld magazine

(the open source issue)

http://www.computerarts.co.uk/__data/assets/image/26992/mags.jpg

the bit that says free

except its called “the thinker in it!”

i think it was in another issue also, as this magazine followed project orange in depth!

As always, fantastic character, great lighting and mood.

Ian

wow… i must say i am amazed… i love how everthing is out of proportion, making it look ugly yet uniquelly beautiful at the same time… the work of lighting effects is great, love how you cast the shadows down from under the eyes giving it an unknown menacing look along with hiding some of its features…

i have no critisism except, why isnt their a reflection it its eye? just curios why you left such a thing out…

found it at last!

here he is in colour!
try and stop me!

looks nice!

hey @ndy, beautiful work!!!
could you define your texturing process? a little tutorial ??
thx

@ndy: It’s always kind of bothered me that you’re so good at blendering but no one knows anything about how you work or what experience you have. At least I don’t… I want to know how you turn this stuff out, dammit! :wink: