More armature problems

I can seem to get the eybrows and hair of my ninja penguin, to rotate with my head armature. I can get them to rotate with this spine, but not the head.(this is all in pose mode) I have them connected with a vertex parent. Does it matter where the 3 vertices that I connected it to are?Do they have to be in the deform group of the head bone?If so, how do I un parent them?

sigh… go ahead and post the blend . I’ll take a look at it after X-mas . Or PM me with a url and etc…

Does it matter where the 3 vertices that I connected it to are?Do they have to be in the deform group of the head bone?If so, how do I un parent them?
They have to be verts whose movement you want the object to follow. So if the parent verts don’t move, neither will the thing you’ve parented.

Selecting your child objects and Alt-P will get rid of the parent relationships. Although just reparenting them will do so as well.

Yeah you’ve awnsered your own question about the vertex parent thing . Just parent them to a part of the mesh the head bone moves it like Bugman said . Though if that doesn’t work, you could directly parent the eyebrow meshes to the armature :

1. in Object Mode CTRL P - select “create from closest bones” from the contex menu “create vertex groups ?”
  2. select the head bone in Pose Mode - go into weight paint mode and make the eyebrow mesh all red (full infulence) .
  3. repeat for other eyebrow .

Sorry about the sarcasm above didn’t know you were so attached to the little guy .

BTW I didn’t suggest using vertex groups when you were having trouble joining him because I didn’t know how attached to the particle emmitter settings you had on the hair (or the fact you wanted to animate him). But for future reference you could have had the emmiters as seperate vertex groups and still a part of one Object using Vertex Groups and Layers .
You seem to be progressing well enough (I vaguely remembered about parenting to vertices mostly with Hooks) You’ll be able to figure out above with some search tools and the Wiki :slight_smile: Good Luck