More UV strangeness

In shaded 3D view UV mapped objects have to be switched from GLSL to Multitexture for global or local ( / ) view to display properly…why?..more bugs?

Can you be more specific and post an example blend. What version of blender are you using, the current version doesn’t have a ‘shaded’ view mode.

Sorry …meant to say textured …using 2.63 RC1 …thank you [ATTACH]179799[/ATTACH]
…acts like there is no light in local view…must be all it is…just tried 2.62.1 44598 and factory 2.62…all the same…

…that’s a really sincere thanks to you Richard…for all the help (with no attitude) you give to everyone…

I usually nervously hit any closer or whatnot related buttons while get or not desired result… Have not decided yet on classification and methodics for to come to ‘do this, then that’. But it works on most of occasions. Reload image in uv editor from saved on hd and quick check if material and texture is in relation with given uv layout won’t make harm too. File doesn’t give much, because if you have orchestrated it all once, relations are kept somewhere deep behind scenes and it just works (if not completely broken for some build). Keep one older blender, which you know, works, at hands…That is when i don’t see texture at all or it’s clearly in a wrong place…

And now in your file it looks like you need Lights in scene if Textured Solid is not checked for all 3 Shading modes; or no scene Lights, just OpenGL default ones for Solid display ( Textured Solid checked). Might be problems with Intel video, dunno, i feel i have while on my laptop. Quick render helps.
Other than that, all normal there - cube unwrapped, textured.

Thanks for looking…that was just an quick example of what I find happening(there is a hemi in the scene). I like the texture and lighting of GLSL…gives a better idea of things…and in the scene I’ve been working on Texture Solid mode really slows things down…it not huge…120 objects,200,000 faces…but it gets jumpy …while in GLSL you can rotate the scene as smoothly as in solid mode…oh well

Again, if you say “acts like no lights in a local view” - local view does not have scene lights setup as far as i can remember, can’t really comment more since with my win/intel dollbox there’s no difference between all these modes, only Solid looks shaded but Textured is like shadeless. No GLSL yummy looks.
To speed things up look at scene tab next to world’s. What slows things usually is subsurf. Down on that tab see Simplify settings, might give some speedups…
Good luck!