Morpher Script, like nothing you've seen before

Hi. I am just about to go to sleep, but I’ve decided that I will post this.

A morphing script! It’s geared more toward animation (like RVKs I know) but it’s still cool and it 100% self-contained, and auto-saves. And I guarentee that it will be like no python script you’ve seen before (except for those of you I emailed earlier versions of PyEffects to, which this script uses).

Oh, and it requires a CVS build due to the usage of the OnSave scriptlink.

Download link: http://www.freewebs.com/joeedh/morpher_dis.zip

GERR! AND YOU HAVE TO CUT 'n PASTE the URL! I hate freewebs sometimes.

joeedh

sorry. zip file does not even open here. have tried several programs. cant wait to see your script though :smiley:

it works for me. nice script… though I didn’t have the time to test it any longer than 5 minutes.

It works but I cannot understand how to use it.

hehe :slight_smile:

execute the script
select the alien-face
click on “morph ani”, then there should happen something :slight_smile: so play around a bit.

Well, I just found (and translated) a Blender.jp article about this script. . .hmm. . .well, I guess since someone is interested I’ll post some tips. …

But remember that RVK is essentially the same thing (soo depressing. . .my script is virtually useless. . .gerr). If you see any reason why this script is useful then please tell me, and perhaps I’ll even finish adding the animation features (using Absolute Vertex Keys is kindof annoying when used in conjunction with this script, unfortunately). I feel depressed now.

Anyway, the steps of adding a target to a mesh:

1. Select the object you want to assign a target to.

2. Run the script (BPyEff_GUI.py) and click on Morph Ani. A copy of your mesh will automatically be saved in the python registry (which is automatically saved via the OnSave scriptlink), but MAKE SURE you click on it first before you modify your mesh.

3. Now modify your mesh into it’s new target, (but do NOT add or remove any vertices), and assign whatever verts you modify to a group.

4. Go into TargetMaker, and in the “name” text object put in the name of your target, and in “Group” put in the vertex group name, then press “Make Target”.

mirror, plz

You have to cut an paste the URL into the address bar of your browser.

I’m sorry, but I simply don’t know anywhere else to put it that would be any better.

joeedh

You have to cut an paste the URL into the address bar of your browser.

I’m sorry, but I simply don’t know anywhere else to put it that would be any better.

joeedh[/quote]
mirrored it anyway… here you go:
http://blender3d.ch/linkson/mirroring/morpher_dis.zip

direct linking supported

:o
I am using gabio’s bf-blender cvs build for Windows.
When I load morpher_dis.blend and run the BPy_Eff_GUI.py, there is an err on line 140(RegTools.RT_SaveRegistry()), and the console says

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “UI_Redraw.py”, line 9, in ?
AttributeError: ‘module’ object has no attribute ‘RT_GetReg’

That is a very strange ErrMsg, since I fond “RT_GetReg” in RegTools.py

Another wierd err is: every time when I Ctrl+W to save the morpher_dis.blend,

ERROR: Undo limit reached, buffer cleared

appears first, then the “save over” menu pops up.

First of all, thanks Chimera for hosting it!!

That’s very wierd. . .can’t explain that. The registry saving stuff is actually kindof messy right now because it was going super slow, but then I got it to go nice and fast, but. . .I can’t figure out exactly what I did, so I’m kindof scared to clean the code up at all.

Another wierd err is: every time when I Ctrl+W to save the morpher_dis.blend,

[quote]ERROR: Undo limit reached, buffer cleared

appears first, then the “save over” menu pops up.[/quote]

Happens to be, too; I can’t explain that either. Seems to have to do with how undo is handled in the Text python module.

joeedh

1. how to let script run on Blender startup?
  2. I am using gabio’s bf-blender cvs build for Windows (2004/11/04). When I open the morpher_dis.blend and move mouse in Blender, the console window showes:

File “UI_Redraw.py”, line 4, in ?
ImportError: No module named RegTools
File “UI_Redraw.py”, line 9, in ?
AttributeError: ‘module’ object has no attribute ‘RT_GetReg’