Cool idea and realization!

1 Like

Thank You!

Amazing Idea.

1 Like

Thank You!

Wow, wow, wow! How did you make this?

1 Like

Thanks! I have an article about similar project. If You are interested it’s on my account page somewhere. and if You have some specific questions go ahead.

1 Like

Thanks.

Here are my questions:

1. Cycles or Eevee?

2. Any add-ons used?

3. How on Earth did you make the mountain? :slight_smile:

1. Cycles, always. I like eevee, but with cycles I have way more possibilities, and it gives better results for still images. I used cycles long time before eevee was relesed and I feel way more comftible with this engine.
  2. It was accualy the first time I used A.N.T.landscape for a project, it’s a built-in addon.
  3. for my previous projects I was making terrains proceduraly(I loooove procedural stuff), mostly with microdisplacement. This time I decided to test A.N.T.landscape addon. I created mountain landscape, used boolean modifier to fit the cup and displaced mountain in the middle with displace modifier. for shading it’s just some rock textures, grass texture and AO node (3 of them) for snow. but You could make mountains like this just by some voronoi textures and displace node. there are also some very low poly trees and fog to make it look better.
    If there’s anything else You want to know just ask.

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thank You!

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

I was like, ‘ooh marshmallow!’. But no. It’s just a mountain in a cup.

Looks fantastic!

1 Like

I like my morning cup nice and frothy…

2 Likes

Such a beautiful concept, and great execution! I love it. Feels so real and dreamy at the same time. Really tells a story. Great illustration. Wonderful sense of scale.
Maybe the only little thing that bothers me is the clouds are just a little too blurry at some points, more blurry than the dof on the cup would suggest. The scratches on the cup are a bit too bright.
Other than that, see above reaction ^^

1 Like

Thank You! Clouds are volumetrics, and after testing a lot of density settings this was the only one that looked sharp and realistic at the same time. I added some blur to the second image in post process, to the corners of the image only. Making clouds sharper would make the image look worse in my opinion, so I left them as they are. Also, if You like this image, You can check my instagram page, link in on my profile, I’ve recently been creating some of this type of renders.

1 Like