Mountian help

im trying to make a screen for my game with mountians in the back round and the sun is riseing but im haveing troble with the mountians how can i make one and some what blurry?

also the rays from the sun jsut make an oject and turn alpha down?

wrong forum newb. %|

lets not see it agian :smiley:

Skeletor it would be better if you told him which forum, os he doesnt repeat. :wink: (try blender general)

modeling moutains: the best way (if you are not lazy :wink: ) is to start with a plane subdivided a few time, and push vetices around with Proportion edit mode ON (O_KEY while in edit mode). Then subdivide a little more and do some more pushing, ad nuaseam until you achieve the shapes you want. Tip: you can try Subdivide fractal; alterning subdiv and subdiv fractal give good results.

blurry mountains: you can achieve this by setting the World to a blueish color, and the use Mist in order to simulate the ‘distance fog’. I suppose this is what you mean with blurry mountains. If you use Mist this way, you’ll perhaps want to add a Sphere and map a sky texture on it (because if you map a texture to the WOrld, then your mist will show the colors of your texture, which is certainly NOT what you want), and set the material of the Sphere as ‘No mist’.

rays of the sun: I’m not sure what you mean. Usually, I set a spot exactly oriented toward the camera, with halo and halo steps. I play with the angle and fall-off of the spot to get the ‘rays’ of teh sun. Perhaps is there a cool way in order to to this with the Glow sequence plugin, now that broken gave us cool video tutorials about this in the News & Chat forum :wink:

hope this helps, but next time try to post in the good forum (Fonix Wircs pointed you to the good one).

rays of the sun: I’m not sure what you mean. Usually, I set a spot exactly oriented toward the camera, with halo and halo steps. I play with the angle and fall-off of the spot to get the ‘rays’ of teh sun. Perhaps is there a cool way in order to to this with the Glow sequence plugin, now that broken gave us cool video tutorials about this in the News & Chat forum

also add a halo(texture) and beef up the the add value and turn on lines(if you want to have cool horizontal lines set the lines to 1 and seed to 106 or 142),turn on flare and add subflares. im sure if mess with the settings you can make very realistic results.

Interesting. The few times that I’ve tried to model mountains, I’ve used a method similar to what you do (or used to do 5 years ago) in Bryce.
That is, make use of the ‘noise’ button. Draw yourself up a heightmap, give yourself enough vertices, and noise 'er up, mate.