Mouse Character Sculpt WIP

Howdy people ! So I am still a complete noob at Blender. I have only been using it for the last couple of months. I have recently been experimenting with the sculpt tool and this is what I came up with ! Please comment and let me know what you think because I want to learn and the best people I can do that with is you guys !

looks good. the pipe stem seems a little on the thin side though. cool character.

Thanks Modron ! Yeah I have updated the pipe and it is better proportioned. I will be posting an update soon, with textures applied.

Update. Fur added and first layer of textures. I am going to re-model the pipe and work on the eyes. Next steps after that will be to add a background ! Comment and let me know what you guys think and give me some feedback please !

looks great. The hair coming through the scarf can be fixed by using weighted vertex groups to control emission. also, I would recommend using some translucency on the ears.

Thank you Modron ! I have just added some translucency to the ears and applied textures to the hat and scarf. I am currently rendering out a newer version which I will upload shortly. Again I appreciate your supportive comments and for taking the time to do so ! I have not been getting much feedback otherwise. I don’t know whether that is a good or bad thing ! Haha !

Here is update number two of the day. I need to re-work the fur as it is covering too much of the mouth, giving it no definition. The eyes need some serious TLC as well but my vision is slowly coming to life !

He’s a very cool little character. I think you need to consider changing the shape of his ears to be more elongated. Just google mice images and I think you will see what I am referring to… and make sure you keep him away from here :slight_smile:

Thank you harleynut ! I will definitely look into it. I have been unhappy with the ears for a while so I will make the changes that are necessary.

Haha ! He can look after himself ! He is a master of mousekwondo and is equipped with all kinds of gadgets that eat mouse traps for breakfast. He used to work for the mouse version of the Secret Service. He left due to it being corrupt and now works alone to take it down. They were exporting illegal amounts of stilton and making deals with the evil Emperor Terminus (ruler of cats). Unfortunately he is getting too old and is currently in search of a young recruit who will be able to take his place and bring justice to Cheesetopia !

That is really cute. Looking forward to more updates.

Thank you spanishrose ! Your dog is coming along nicely by the way :wink:

He is a master of mousekwondo and is equipped with all kinds of gadgets that eat mouse traps for breakfast. He used to work for the mouse version of the Secret Service…Unfortunately he is getting too old and is currently in search of a young recruit who will be able to take his place and bring justice to Cheesetopia !

Well, I wouldn’t suggest recruiting this guy… he has proven to be a bit lazy :slight_smile:

Haha ! Yeah I don’t think he would be a very good asset !

this is an old school sherlock homes kinda guy?? looking nice!!!

New minor update ! Changed the pipe (still deciding on what textures to use) and added a collar to his trusty trench coat. No textures are applied and I am going to add finer details to the collar. I also finally have a name. Duncan the mouse detective ! Whiskers and clearing up the mouth area are on the list of things to do. Finally I will look to add a background. Here it is and don’t hold back guys, let me know what you think ! Any constructive criticisms will be greatly appreciated.

just a note, when you are doing little cleanups of hair, you can go into vertex edit mode while in grooming mode, and delete individual hairs.
(edit) or parts of hairs.