MouseMove - FPS Mouselook & Movement Script

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/233/problemer.jpg/
Thanks for helping i really appreciate it

No, I mean take a screenshot after you’ve started the game engine and used the script to run around and what not. That is when it will report an error if there is one.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/829/unledurc.jpg/

Cheers

I kind of needed a screenshot of the actual console window lol. Press P to start the game engine, look around, walk around and press the movement keys, then press ESC and take screenshot of the Console.

the console is too big to screenshot on one page, can i send u the blender file instead. if so hit me up your email mate

[email protected]

Before you send the email, does the console say anything like this? :
IndentationError: Expected an indented block

None that i can see man

Just got your email. It seems that the problem is that your player cube has a rotation value set that makes it think the player’s “forward” direction is up on the Z axis. What you can do is select the player box and press Ctrl + A > Rotation. This will fix your rotation problem so the player recognizes which way is “forward”.

As for why it isn’t jumping, i have no idea :confused:

Thank you so much mate, If i cant solve the problem i will use your game and import my level.
Do you know anything about skydomes ?

Glad you got that part working.

I noticed that the skydome in your scene wasn’t visible. Select your camera and go to the Camera settings. Increase the Clipping: End value, it is set to 100 by default. This will increase the “sight” of the camera.
Select your skydome and enter edit mode, select all faces, and press CTRL + SHIFT + N to flip the normals to the inside. Go back and readjust the Clipping:End value until you can see the dome.

This is sort of off topic, but I figured I’d mention how to fix it since it’s pretty simple. If you have any more problems with it, you’ll need to make a new thread.

Yes thanks alot man

hey im having another problem with this script, i seem to be able to walk through and see through certain walls if you want the blend file just ask mate

That’s not the script then, it has to do with the way you set up your scene :stuck_out_tongue:
You might start a new thread for it though.

Thanks man, there’s been a lot of Mouselook Scripts posted but most of them/all of them have f*cked up my Blender. This one = Perfect :stuck_out_tongue:

I did what you said… well kinda
I just copyed the playerboxs Logic to another box… parent the camera to the new box…
And it works fine… but the hands go through the wall, but nothing to worry about at this moment…
Thank you once again for your script mate

Just found this and it’s pretty neat, but at first I has troubles. It took me a few minutes to see that the camera was INSIDE of the cube.
How do you keep the player cube from obscuring the camera’s vision?
I’m using blender 2.59.3

For in the 3D viewport? Select the object and go to the Object settings and in the Display tab switch it from Textured to Wire.
If you meant in the game engine, where the above would not work, select the object and go to the game settings and click the Invisible button.

Thanks Riyuzakisan!
Fixed it

Check here:

Awesome. Got it.
Thanks for the script too. It’s perfect.