I could not find anything that moves an object with the keyboard, so i made an addon for it.
This does the same as using ctrl and dragging one of the axis with the mouse.
- a converted version for Blender 2.80 beta
upgraded to v1.1 added:
- a property to set the units for each axis x2 (x, -x, y, -y, z, -z)
– move the object on the axis first then the property will show up in the transform menu (T key), once you set a new value it will move the object directly by the missing distance. I suggest to add a fake object, move and set the unit per axis, then remove that object, the settings will be saved for any other object you going to move.
How to use:
- install the addon and activate it
- select an object
- use alt + arrow keys to move the active object to: left/right/forwards/backwards
- use alt + shift + up/down arrow to move the active object up or down on z axis
- u can also hit spacebar and search for ‘move object’ and the options + shortcuts will show up.
Blender 2.79 or UPbge
move active object with keyboard (addon).py (4.9 KB)
Blender 2.80 beta:
move active object in blender 2_80 beta.py (5.0 KB)