Movie Clip editor - continue track from other position?

Hi! I remember there was a way to track a point, then move the tracker, and it continues to track from another area without disturbing the motion. this would allow for the tracking of a very long pan where the tracker reaches the edge of the screen, but continuing to track. Its a simple shortcut but I cant seem to remember it!

Cheers

Not sure if this is the answer you’re looking for, but to track a pan, you need new trackers before the other
trackers go off screen. Should be at least 6 trackers at all times.

Im doing a 2d track and trying to parent a mask to the tracker. I need that mask to keep moving even when the tracker goes off screen hence the need to move the tracking area, but not the parented mask. I dont know how that would work with multiple trackers.

I think what are trying to do or need to do is an append track. If there is a object that need masking, you need two features that could be tracked before one leaves the screen. If tracker one is about to leave the screen at frame 60, make sure that tracker 2 starts at frame 61 and continue with additional tracks. Then select all tracks and joined them as if they were one continuous track. Then draw your mask and parent it the tracker.

I think what are trying to do or need to do is an append track. If there is a object that need masking, you need two features that could be tracked before one leaves the screen. If tracker one is about to leave the screen at frame 60, make sure that tracker 2 starts at frame 61 and continue with additional tracks. Then select all tracks and joined them as if they were one continuous track. Then draw your mask and parent it the join trackers. In the dope sheet, all trackers should be shown as one.

Ah yes thats what I need! I thought there was a way to use a single tracker by simply moving the existing tracker while holding down a button on the keyboard. A dotted would appear between the marker and the last tracked position. Ill try the method you outlined! Thanks.