Moving animation frames?

So I’m creating a game, and I have an animation series for a gun. I realized I need the gun’s animation to start at the origin and work it’s animating stuff from there. Is there way to translate all the frames into another location?

Ex: gun start shooting at (2,5,7) and has 13 frames
I want the same gun’s animation to be moved to the origin (or start at origin)

READ POST #8 FOR MORE CLARITY

So is there no way?

As I am not a GE guru, I’m not positive I totally understand the issue, but have you used the dope sheet? It sounds a lot like all you need to do is slide a few keyframes over, which can be done very easily in the dope sheet editor, using Blender’s basic commands. Select, hold down mouse button, drag and drop.

But then again I’m not sure you are even talking about keyframes…

But no one else who is more intelligent wants to reply, so…

Yeah, thanks for the try.
Yes I’ve used dope sheet and action editor.
No I’m not talking about moving keyframes themselves, I’m talking about moving the positions of where the keyframe is. I know I can do this easily with f-curve editor, but I don’t have that knowledge.

Not sure that I am following you here.

Ex: gun start shooting at (2,5,7) and has 13 frames
I want the same gun’s animation to be moved to the origin (or start at origin)

What is the origin? frame 1?

Yeah, thanks for the try.
Yes I’ve used dope sheet and action editor.
No I’m not talking about moving keyframes themselves, I’m talking about moving the positions of where the keyframe is. I know I can do this easily with f-curve editor, but I don’t have that knowledge.

In the action editor/dopesheet, if you grab a key frame you can move it left/right along the time line. In the f-curve editor, if you grab a key frame, you can move it left/right along the time line. Here, you can also move the key frame vertically and that will adjust the value of the key frame.

But I do just character animation, not game engine stuff. You might be wanting to ask this question over in the game engine portion of the forum…

Randy

Are you saying that you want the gun itself to be at the XYZ origin, and for all the animation to occur as though it’s starting from the origin instead of wherever your gun is at the moment? If so, the way I’d cheat it in regular animation would be to create an empty at the point on the gun where you want it to sit on the origin, parent the gun to the empty, then move the empty to the centre. I don’t know if that works in GE or if there’s a better, more “correct” approach.

And if you don’t want to parent the animated gun to anything, you still could reposition it in the Object Panel by altering the Delta Transform settings.

I think there is little clarity about my question. So I’ll restate it again:
Move the animation to a different location

Ex: say you have a rotating cube with origin (of the cube) at (5,5,5). The cube will always rotate. If I move the cube and press Alt-A, then the cube will automatically jump back to (5,5,5). I want to move the cube so that it rotates at the origin of the work (0,0,0)