Moving TheBounty to Blender 2.8

Step by step, but without pause, I’m adapting TheBounty to Blender 2.8.
I try to make this compatible with my usual work.

Taking advantage of the change, I’m working on the material nodes.

Cheers…

11 Likes

Vamos Pedro! que ya voy preparando el jamón! XD

Fixed ‘hair’ in Blender 2.8

Not geometry, native ‘hair’ primitive from TheBounty.
Greetings…

1 Like

Fixing new previews items…

Greetings…

1 Like

Decoupling the old materials panels into nodes is not easy sometimes…

Greetings…

1 Like

Exploring possible designs and workflows for the nodes.
Greetings…

2 Likes

Oh! Welcome back mate! I’ll stay up with this thread. Waiting for the release. Any date?

Thank you!
There is no specific date, but I hope to have it ready for the release of Blender 2.8
Greetings…

1 Like

I really dont know when the release of Blender 2.8

More or less July of 2019, I think…

Idees for a new logo…

Cheers…

I think it must be as vector as it has been as another one like V-Ray, Coron, Lux or something else.
Btw: any new progress?

I’m working on adding functionality to the image texture nodes and adding new ones for procedural textures.
A greeting…

1 Like

What about a new material shading system like Princepled Bsdf?

Basically ShinyDiffuseMat is a complex material that allows to represent a great variety of materials, from transparent to emissive or translucent. What if there is in the roadmap, is to support or convert the node Principled to TheBounty.
Regards…

May I suggest? Go after cycles as possible in regards of workflow and nodes design: it is quite well thought. And more important, cycles users wanting to try the bounty would not have to wrap their head around another paradigm

Not bad idea. Ill keep on the thread.

Yes … but I can not sacrifice the whole philosophy of more than 15 years of TheBounty’s own shading system. That would also mean a total rewrite and a loss of identity and would only be a render engine ‘like’ Cycles. We will have to find a balance between maintaining our own design and facilitating its use. Having nodes, which I did not have until now, is already a big step forward.
Regards…

1 Like

I was speaking of design/workflow of nodes, not the internals of the engine of course. The main reason for what I wrote comes from that old fashioned Stencil input in texture layer node. As it looks now it doesn’t allow an arbitrary value as in cycles mix nodes, which sound like a missed opportunity. Or that Blending Node which could be probably decomposed in some basic cycles nodes as well.
It’s not a matter of copying cycles, my suggestion is aimed to make easier the transistion for an user to go from cycles to the bounty, in terms of “how to use it?”
Being the bounty pretty much a renderer “for Blender”, I guess the majority of GI render users are comfortable with Cycles interface and nodes, so why not providing them the minimum number of differences possible?

1 Like

Oops, sorry. I thought he was talking about the shading system. Anyway, do not take care about the design of those nodes that I have published. I am still decomposing the old static panels of TheBounty to make them more flexible and perhaps, more powerful. And yes, I think the design of nodes will look a lot like Cycles.
Regards…