Moving vertices-edges without manipulating the image plane

Hi, i recently started a new work where i need to create a scene from a single image.
I added an image as plane and on edit mode i put some edge loops and with knife tool, i added some edges.
I need to move the vertices in places they need to be but when i move them, the image also moves too.
Is ıt possiple to add edges and vertices without changing the image?
thanks

The UV project modifier can be super duper handy for this. I use it frequently. But also, pressing G twice, will let you move vertices along edges while preserving the UVs.

1 Like

Thank you,i needed this so much!

1 Like

can i also ask you how can i delete only edges?
i tried every option after pressing delete key but it always deletes faces with the edges?
I am used to 3dsmax and having some troubles getting used to blender’s modelling methods :confused:

1 Like

No problem, when you press X (default delete key dunno if you remapped it) it should open a little dropdown where you can select faces edges vertices, etc. you wanna go down and click on dissolve edges instead of delete edges.

I used 3dsmax for about 12 years before switching to blender around abouts 2-3 years ago. It was definitely a little shocking at first, I missed my edit poly modifiers the most, but I’m sure you’ll get the hang of it!

1 Like

thanks a lot!

1 Like