Moving vertices that aren't selected. Need help

I have been working on a model. Selecting vertices and extruding along the way. I hit something on accident and now when I move/scale selected vertices, the movement affects other unselected vertices near the movement. What did I do? How do I get back to only moving/scaling the vertices I have selected?

Please help.

You probably hit letter “O” and turned on proportional editing. Try “O” again.

Yes! Once again this site saves the day. If you were here, I’d buy you lunch.

Continuing the discussion from Moving vertices that aren't selected. Need help.:

In my case proportional editing is also off still unselected vertices are moving.

We will need at least a screenshot of what you are seeing…make sure to tell us the steps that got you to this point…as best as you can remember…

I am designing a 3d character but while moving the edge using the grab tool the edges and vertex around the selected edge are also moving even though they are not selected. Because of this I have to adjust these automatically moved edge and vertex each time I move something. I have also watched few videos on youtube in those videos only the selected edge move. So what can I do to fix this unnecessary movement. Also for your information I want to tell that the “proportional editing is off” and subdivision modifier is used with the “cage on”.
Blender version 3.6.

If I understand what you are doing then when you grab an edge and move it, the veerticies will also move as they are whet sets the ends of the edge…now if an edge on the other side of the mesh moves then it could be a Mirror Modifier or you have Mesh Symmetry Enabled ( in edit mode under the Viewport Shading Icons there is a butterfly) if any one of the x, y or z are selected it will move an unselected edge…

Besides these I can’t think of anything else off hand…

This is why you see the other verts/edges moving.

When you have “cage on” the edges that show in view-port represent what they would look like if you apply the subdivision.
In reality they have not moved at all if you turn off “cage” you will see that they are in the same place. But the shape of the object has been distorted.

What you are seeing with cage on is how the subdivision is pulling the shape around and the final effect this has on the edges.

Cage on

Cage off

This is how subdivision works with the Catmul-Clark option it smooths out the mesh pulling the edges around.

When you move one edge the subdivision is pulling the others and it is often necessary to compensate that afterwards.