Mr. B.Head Blender Classroom WIP Jeannot Landry

Hi everyone :slight_smile: I thought I’d share a bit of what I am currently working on. Here is my mascot for my upcoming tutorial site (Mr.B.Head Blender Classroom is a working title, based on my character since he has a blender logo based head). I am aiming for a cartoon type like look since I don’t often get to do it :slight_smile:

Anyhow, here is the Character itself, rig and facial done, ready to animate, and here is the classroom he will be presenting stuff in. There will be a projector for the tutorials to appear on the screen. I will put clothes on him, already have some, but I need to tweak the hell out of them before being able to show then :stuck_out_tongue:

Character (Full Size):
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/6167/mrbheadwip01.jpg

Classroom (All Blender Internal btw) (Full Size):
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/8893/mrbheadclassroomwip01.jpg

Credits for some of the models taken on BlendSwap.com which were all heavily modified:
Laptop (Notebook) model by
Lucas Romero Di Benedetto

Plant model & textures by
Tim Edwards

School Desk Model & Textures by
Ed Halley

Office Chair Model & Textures by
Sam Nudel

Books Model & textures by
Hans Erickson

And here is a short video that explains the rig of Mr. B. Head :slight_smile: If you want to watch in HD, just go to my vimeo :wink:

https://vimeo.com/40261527

Happy Blending :slight_smile:

haha im going to have to watch this lol i love the characters expressions lol. The face reminds me a bit of the chameleon on Tangled lol

Very cool new approach to presenting tutorials:) I really like the character…he’s got a lot of additude! I was thinking he looks a lot like Nemo in the face:) You’ll do well with this Jeannot…the title (while I fully see where your going with it) still doesnt flow too well I know its a WIP but I’m not sure if I can really propose a better option maybe just “MR. B’s Blending Class Room” I dont know take it or leave it…just a thought. I’m really looking forward to the tuts, I can definetly use them on my project:)

Happy Blending!

bacon: Well, my intention was to go for a pixar/disney style of character. I guess I have sort of acheived that then and thank you :slight_smile:

Derek: I agree, I am just really really bad at coming up with names :stuck_out_tongue: Perharps you guys can give me a few name suggestion for this dude :slight_smile: And thank you :slight_smile:

Here are the wires :slight_smile:

(Full Size)
http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/1271/mrbheadwire.jpg

yeah hes definitely got a pixar/ disney feel to him :slight_smile: think its the eyes that do it :slight_smile: very expressive :slight_smile:

always use a foreign translation of the word blender lol?

Mr Mixer perhaps lol? (though does sound like he should be a DJ lol

Hah, yeh; she does (presumably).

Great job on her and on the classroom.

For a name, How about: Mr. B’s School of Blending?

bacon: Thats not a bad idea, I could look into different translations of the word Blender :slight_smile: Thanks for that :slight_smile:

Writer’s Block:

Great job on her and on the classroom.
actually its a guy :stuck_out_tongue: maybe the eyelashes confuses you, but guys also have them :stuck_out_tongue: If this would’ve been a girl, I would have to write “Graphic Nudity” in the post topic :stuck_out_tongue: But thank you non the less :wink:

hfpyramidfilms: that’s an interesting title :slight_smile: I’ll have to give it some thought.

ALL: Thank you for your input, I really appreciate :slight_smile: Hopefully once I am done with this and the tutorials, I will have learned a few things and thought a few things as well :slight_smile:

Hi, sorry to burst your bubble, but there aren’t any “good” translations of blender, they’re all “Mikser, Mixer” or “likenholgst” (made that one up lol) but they aren’t easy to pronounce, that’s what I’m trying to say, sorry! :slight_smile:

I don’t think the name really matters at this moment, but I am open to any suggestions :slight_smile:

I added a video about the rig to the first post :slight_smile: Sorry about the compression quality, I am trying to save a bit of my vimeo space for the upcoming tutorials :wink:

That is a perfect Blender tutorial guy – head shaped of the iconic “blender B” awesome! I am honestly getting sick of all the Pixar/dreamworks style cartoon characters (cliche’)-- but your’s is very creative and I like!

haha i didnt think mixer was that hard to pronounce. I was surprised thats what the french for blender was as it already has a similar meaning in english lol.

@Daren, i think the reason we tend to see so many that resemble them is that its the big reason alot of people are interested in 3d modelling. That and game animation tend to be two of the big ones. I know where your coming from though its always nice to see something a bit more unique :slight_smile:

@jeanott will have to check out your rigging video :stuck_out_tongue:

I have uploaded the character with textures and rig on blendswap.com waiting for approval, should be there any minutes now for those interested in playing with it :wink:

sounds good :stuck_out_tongue: will have to check him out lol

Hes ready and i think im the first to download him lol

THe character and rig with textures are now on blendswap ready to download. I hope this rig with help a few at either animations or rigging :wink:

ooh i remember what i meant to ask lol how do you move the jaw? do you have a bone for it or do you do that with shapekeys also?

I actually added a bone for the jaw, and I have some shape keys for mouth open but without the teeth following. Check the rig, it’ll answer most of your questions :wink:

He looks awesome, well done! I love the classroom, especially the posters. :slight_smile:

i had a quick play around with him but i couldnt see one for jaw, saw a few for the mouth and tongue mind :stuck_out_tongue: