Mr. Moon & Mr. Sun

Mr. Moon & Mr. Sun.
Concept by Jordi Villaverde.

Remake of an old (2017) project. Now with a soft toon shaded look.

Mr. Moon

Mr. Sun

28 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

Amazing Job :slight_smile: !!

Thank you @bartv, @MarcelStocker

1 Like

A couple of very cute characters! Well done! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

Thank you very much!

Lovely characters! :grin:

2 Likes

I like the shader and the design, well done :slight_smile: !

1 Like

Hey, I like your characters. I really like the hats. They really do feel more like toons than 3D so good job with the shaders. I also like the staffs and the handheld lantern on Moon. I say Moon would benefit from not having a coplanar hat brim. Sun would benefit from larger shoes and maybe not quite so exaggerated legs. And together they might benefit from a matching color palette (I’m not sure if it’s just the lighting and you used some of the same reds, but they seem a little different).

1 Like

Thanks @ArtAvenue @Ipo

@Boder Glad you liked it, I really enjoyed making these two guys.
I understand your observations about the design and the color palette, but my intention was to follow the concept and play with the shaders.

Here´s the concept:
Mr. Sun
https://www.behance.net/gallery/31546697/Mr-Sun
Mr. Moon
https://www.behance.net/gallery/31482333/Mr-Moon

1 Like

These two are lovely characters. Only my opinion and it might be a bit corny, but I think for the colour pallet I would have gone for reds and yellows for the sun and blues for the moon. Not match the colours but make them opposite. Anyway I really like them.

2 Likes

Since the concept was done, these critiques were on the design. You are right. I like DNorman’s idea of not having the red or orange on Moon. Yellow might work with a cool palette tho. In 3D, even with cartoon shaders, it is harder to get away with super exaggerated features like the long legs and narrow boots on Sun. Sun would surely topple over!

I like the little watermark; I didn’t notice that before.

1 Like