Msg in window every startup

Compiled with Python version 2.5.2
‘import site’ failed’ use -v for traceback
Checking for installed Python… No installed Python found.
Only built-in modules are available. Some scripts may not run.
Continuing happily.

I get this every time I start Blender 2.48a but I have python 3.0 installed. Does anyone know how I can I get around this problem?
Thank you,
Bob

Install Python 2.5.2 or 2.5.4

Blender does not currently support Python 3.0

What version does it support? I should mention… I have windows Vista 64 bit and I’m using a 32 bit version of Blender.

It supports Python 2.5.x right now, IIRC. Python 3.0 is probably coming in Blender 2.5

I believe you’ll probably need the 32 bit python install, then, but if that’s erroneous you might try 64 bit. Not sure if Vista matters…

Thanks. I downloaded Python 2.62 and will give it a shot today. Let you know later…

Well I’m sorry to report that after installing Python 2.6.2, I still get the same window:

‘import site’ failed’ use -v for traceback
Checking for installed Python… No installed Python found.
Only built-in modules are available. Some scripts may not run.
Continuing happily.

Blender starts up and seems to work but I suspect that some of the functionality is missing. When I try to employ some tricks from the beginner videos I can not find some of the toggle buttons like smoothing (but that might be due to my inexperience with Blender). I did set the python root directory in the Blender options but that did not help.

How do I “use -v for traceback” and will that fix the problem with it not finding the python install?
Thank you,
Bob

Install the correct version. You need python 2.52 or 2.54.

Richard

Installed Python 2.54 and it worked. Thanks.

strictly you should match the version that your blender was built with… you can build it with digffernt versions of python.

Yours was looking for 2.52

2.54 is obviously close enough!