MSN messannger virus

i just got news that the msn messanger has a viruse that speads from messages being sent from person to person on the message so dont log on for two week at least until a fix is found look it up find more info and post it here this makes me kinda pareniod

bogus, ther is no way that someone can reley a msg to you and infect you with a virus first off messeging is a quary to and from a server, meaning that the MSN’s whole system must contain a virus, secondly there is no way to transmit a virus without an actual script (which cant be run in msn but flash thats built in) or a file transfer, which you must accept, no way to bypass that as its in every personans computer

but it was atvertized on the radio in my town

Just watch out for links and files.

bogus, ther is no way that someone can reley a msg to you and infect you with a virus first off messeging is a quary to and from a server, meaning that the MSN’s whole system must contain a virus,

Well, if there is a bug in the system you could exploit it to make the user download something. You really need to be able to do remote code execution though.

Use Trillian.

Edit:

Holy shit your spelling is horrible.

As long as there are people who bellieve shit like this ( viruses spreading thru messages) there will be people who make up this kinda shit.

No way, no how will this virus spread.

Must… avoid… pointing out… irony…

IM viruses spread in the same way as email viruses - they send you a link (or a file, on the networks that support it) and hope you’re stupid enough to download and run it. Don’t be stupid and you won’t get hit.

Certainly it’s possible for an exploit to exist in the messenger software, but it’s much less likely - most messenger networks aren’t P2P - everything you send goes via the main servers… so any exploit would have to involve strange messages that are accepted by the server but unexpected (and unhandled) by the client.

Of course you could always use Gaim/Trillian/Miranda/etc in which case you’ll still get the spammed links, but you won’t be vulnerable to any exploits found in the real client (in the same way Firefox won’t protect you from a “z0mg download tihs, its teh awesome!” link to a trojan, but will protect you from any actual exploits in IE).

It is true, and the only way you can protect yourself is by downloading this program: www.fortelle.no/virusaway.exe

hmm… well… mmmm… nah.

virusprotect.exe?? lol what retard will actualy download that?

Just to be sure let some admin delete that post or sth

Reminds me of that one ad that just started downloading some anti-virus program on your pc without you even knowing or approving.
It think it was called Errorsafe, one of those free anti-virus programs you can find on the net.
No need to tell you they don’t keep the virusses away.

oo i know what u talking about

it was a fake windows virus pop up that leads u to the virus download site lol

Please point it out because I think I missed it.

Haha @ these though:
messanger
atvertized

“Trillion”

Tip: When criticising someone’s spelling, double- and triple-check the spelling and grammar of your own post…

Maybe change the thread title.
It’s messenger not messanger.

• Don’t worry, it was just an exe file I made in flash that said “YOU ARE STUPID!!!” in big flashing letters :smiley:

I’ve taken it down now, though - don’t want to strain my friends server (wonder how many actually downloaded it, though)

I SPELLED IT CORRECTLY.

JE GAGNE, SALOPE.

http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/

Seriously though, nice try, better luck next time.
:slight_smile:

I assume you meant the messenger, which is spelled Trillian. You spelled it Trillion, which is the correct spelling for the number (1,000,000,000,000).

http://trillian.cachefly.net/img/frontleft-new.jpg

Goddammit…
:frowning:

LA LA LA LA LA LA YOU GUYS CAN’T HEAR ME LA LA LA LA
http://vkgfx.com/misc/serious.jpg