MTL Blender Conf. 04 Local Confirmed see first post for info

Gabio: Well, slikdigit will be coming, so he can do some animation stuff, I’m sure.

I can do some modeling/texturing stuff if you all want and I am sure that we can get others to go over some other features as well.

BgDM

you can ask me anything! (almost)
I think. python in shutgun could really help. i mean it. i may start to code and comment python script to show some automatisation trick. by text window. But also i would want to show to script link: soo dam npowerfull in animation. user NEED to know such thing.(and i need to unrust my python skillz.)

well in you guys let me a week, I’ll have everything confirmed :smiley: (hopefully!)

Then, I’ll prepare somekind of schedule so we don’t get short in time on stuff.

News coming soon!

things that will happen there (for sure, kinda)

• Mechanical Modelling, by me :stuck_out_tongue: + questions session

• Animation session, by slikdigit hopefully (last year was fantastic!)

• Organic modelling + texturing, by BgDM

• Python stuff from Gabio (would be really interesting IMO!)

• Also a 1h speed modelling challenge maybe :smiley:

If there are other people willing to make some tutorial (real time engine maybe??) plz reply to this thread or send me an email or something! tx :smiley:

Nice program : it is already quite a lot.

Up to now, only well known names : will there be newbies like the last time ?
Maybe we should try to Slashdot the reunion (j/k) :wink:

Jean

Well, I guess I had better start putting something together then, eh?! :stuck_out_tongue:

I think that that would be enough to cover for one day. We have to have time to drink some beer in there somewhere. :wink:

BgDM

BRING IT! :stuck_out_tongue: we’ll have some together that’s for sure! :stuck_out_tongue:

(I can’t really bring some…well legally that is)

Well I was looking over the AUS & NZ conf. and well, they are doing it over ~3 days…

Would you guys be interested in meeting friday around 6pm so we could go eat somewhere, have a talk, have a beer :p, and stuff, then on the saturday we meet up at the computer lab of bois-de-boulogne (still to be confirmed, should be in a day or two)…and maybe I could try to have it for sunday too if there are enough interested people…the thing wil this is the cost of hotel and stuff for you guys…I would need to know. Maybe the sunday would be too much…but meeting up on the friday would be nice I think.

Give me news!

Well, I will be heading into Montreal on Friday, so meeting on Friday night is no problem for me.

I will be definitley heading back to home on Sunday. But if you want to set something up for the morning, that would be OK with me. Only about a 6-7 hour drive for me, so as long as I get out of town by noonish, I’m good.

BgDM

well i dont think i can take more than one day off. saturday only for me.

Ok I managed to get some idea on python. I think the best is to show this in the same order:

*What is python.
Basic syntax.
-Upper case, lower case: Be ready!
-the math (±
/=)
-the logic (if)
-the loop (while,for)
-vector
-the def function: this is not Basic. forget about goto.
-module(What is that, how it work, what is available)
*The Blender Api
-introduction
-How to acces various data.(object = Get() )
-How to read the Epidoc
-How to use various module (with ex.)(help needed)
*Use of all this knowledge.
-Simple automatisation tricks.(help needed)
-Simple math function (y=x stuff from high school) to output surface.
*the scriptlink
-What is that, all the event you can use and etc…
-How to animate with script.
-Dynamic animation(the animation change in realtime)
-Ex. of dynamic: A leaf moving on the lake. Study of doopler effect in the water(animated wave effect).
-The onload event: Nice for Demo and animated splash!
*The python script GUI
-Explain what is written it the 2.3 doc :wink:
-The mainframe to get a gui running(draw, event, bevent)
-The register function.

Ouf. well It’s a lot of stuff. But some points will not take more than 5 minutes.(i hope)

This is what i want to show.
Some point got flagged with an (help me). This mean i could use of some tricks you scripted to automatise some task.or maybe show the script so we can all learn new stuff. I for myself don’t know enought clever trick to get this point interesting. also i ask help in “various module”. if you have some script than do use a Blender.submodule and you don’t mind to share, it could be interesting. The idea is to show what can be done.

I will put this presentation online of course. by mini-doc or tutorial.

Last question: Language. DO i have to do it in english or french? or both?
It’s not interesting if no one can understand. and it’s not interesting if i have to traduce in realtime(trus me on this part).

Oh crap! Looks like i will actually be learning something there. :stuck_out_tongue:

BgDM

Darn! You guys are making it hard on me to go to Blender Conf (amsterdam) without any remorse. :stuck_out_tongue:

Gabio: How long are you planning for that to run? As for the module thing you need help with, you should have a look at jms’ site, he has an INSA amount of fully functionnal examples there for pretty much every part of the API.

BgDM: believe me, if slikdigit is there showing character animation stuff, you WILL learn something.

Be sure to take lots of pics this year (something we kinda missed last year).

Martin

Muahhaha…lol

Yea that is if he come to the montreal one :P, last time i heard from him he was thinking going for amsterdam but he wasn’t sure. I hope for him that he’ll find a way to go to amsterdam, but yea it would be nice to have him in montreal for the animation things :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m bringing my digi cam, unfortunatly…I only have a 8mb card…since I don’t take alot of photo usually…so if anyone can bring his cam or watever, would be very nice!

BTW, I’m still waiting for confirmation of the “contact” dude…gonna send a new email tonight and ask for an update on the situation…if I have no news on monday…I’ll start the plan B… :stuck_out_tongue:

but don’t worry, everything will be fine :smiley:

Ok. I’ll bring my camera too.

Thanks for the tips theeth.
yes it’s a lot. I plan to make 1 hour(2 hours max). I may cut some stuff here and there to go for the usefull stuff.

And for language, what will be the color of pp over here? french, english?
To help pp and accelerate the show. I’ll build paper and doc to follow.
Will there be a projector to show exemple stuff? I think every other contributor will like to get a projector too…
see i’m not informed, wasn’t there last year.

Last year we had 2 projectors, should be the same this time around, and BgDM even said he could bring his (If i remember correctly)!

Also, last year it was mostly english, so us french people tried to keep it mostly english for everyone to understand. So you should prepare your stuff in english, and if you have difficulty or watever, I or the the other french speaking dude can help or watever…

I can bring my digi-cam as well. I have 256 Meg card in mine. 8)

Let me know if you need me to bring the projector. I can definitley do it, but I Need t oborrow it from work. Just give me enough advanced warning is all.

BgDM

Ok my “contact” contacted 2 teachers, he’s waiting for the answer which will unlikely come during the weekend ;), but maybe next week. On my side, I’ll talk about it to my teachers to see if it would be possible if Plan A fail :stuck_out_tongue:

Hope to have more news soon!

Ok guys…big news ahead :smiley:

The computer lab is basicly confirmed. I jsut need to send the guy a paper explainning what will be going on there, who will be there (how many people) and what equipment we need. So I wrote the paper, but gonna send it tomorrow after correcting it lol…I’M very tired so I won,t take the chance to send something full of stupid mistakes lol…anyway more news after tomorrow probably! :smiley:

w00t w00t w00t

You can add me to the list. Since I live downtown, I can’t afford not to come :wink:

The program sounds great, too. Being a complete beginner, it looks like I’m going to learn a lot (and precisely a lot of what I want to learn!).

Someone suggested hooking up on friday evening, I’m likely to be there as well.

See you all there.