Multible Bones on an object?

Hey guys, I was wondering if there was a way to make one object have multible armatures on it, it would help me a lot, so please write what you know.

What do you need that for?

I can’t really think of any reason you couldn’t combine all the armatures into one- if you want multiple objects to just share parts of armatures, make the parts you want them to share be identical in both objects’ armatures (especially the bone names) and then give them the same action.

The reason I want to know this is, I am wanting to try to make a ragdoll effect, so I want to have multible rigged armatures so that they will flop weirdly, so basicly, I want to know if an object can have more than one parent?

Look for this in 2.5 today ITasc Ik solver was added to blender 2.5 and it allows multiple targets. So you should be able to drive a rig with a rag doll in 2.5. I havent done it yet though

When does 2.5 come out, I’ve seen some post about it, but no dates. I hope I will be able to do that though, thanks for the help.

In about a month. 2.5 beta should be out by the blender conference(End of Oct). But 2.50 is not going to be production ready 2.51 should be.