MultiCar: a plugin to create customize cars

:o
http://www.3dmulticar.com/
http://www.3dmulticar.com/images/about_plugin.jpg

MultiCar is a revolutionary plugin for 3ds MAX and Autodesk VIZ that allows you to easily create and customize cars with a few simple clicks.

The plugin comes equipped with a rich library of cars, body parts, and accessories which give you the freedom to create up to 25,000 unique car models. The library contains geometry for most common cars such as sedans, SUVs, minivans, trucks, convertibles, station wagons, and roadsters. In the future we will expand our library to include busses, utility and emergency vehicles, and trains.

Once you create a car in the scene you will be able to parametrically customize individual parts such as body style, wheels, bumpers, headlights, and accessories.

To improve performance in complex scenes our geometry comes in two resolutions - high and low - which allow you the freedom to balance between speed and quality. Furthermore, switching between resolutions is as simple as clicking one button which will preserve all other car customization efforts.

With this plugin a usually daunting and time consuming task turns into a fun and easy experience.

Please visit our download page for a free trial.

and if we don’t have the full version of either app?

[sarcasm]or $500 USD to purchase the plug-in?[/sarcasm]

[continued sarcasm]
How about a “AUTOMATICALLY RENDER A GREAT CAR PICTURE, WHICH YOU CAN LATER BRAG ABOUT AND SAY YOU MADE IT” button for a bit more money?
[/continued sarcasm]

maybe recreate the car (not only the wheel) :wink:

good call oyster, nice app extension, must be cheaper then buying a car library if I want to fill a street with cars.

@ z3r0 d, AROtotheN:
[realism] If you can’t affort a ticket to the bahama’s, you don’t get to go. [realism continued]

@Zsolt:
If you have to visualize a new building (as a job orso) where you got the (3d)cad drawings from an architect, you can be proud (and brag) about a succesfull rendering that confinced the investors on building it.
Even if you didn’t model all the stuff (trees, cars, people, the building) in the scene yourself. Composition, lights, materials, rendering, modelling they are all crafts in themselfs. Mastering only 1 of them is already a good job where you can brag about. I think you agree.

Are you making fun of my Monkey head?

Shadowman99: Um, no… especially since I haven’t seen your monkey head, and therefore have no idea what you’re talking about :slight_smile:

No, actually I just got a bit carried away, of course there are uses for pre-made models. Of which architecture is just one thing, there can be numerous cases of a client offering the CAD models, and you “only” have to make a setup with those and render that.

I was just referring to a phenomenon which I have witnessed several times. Last time there was a 3D render of an average house, which was really nice, especially because of all the attention to detail, like a bike leaning on the wall, and two cars, one of them half-covered with a large sheet, etc. It was posted at one of the “professional” CG forums. It received a bunch of positive comments, including one from me. The poster happened to admit only later on that most of the models used in the picture were pulled from model-libraries, he didn’t say anything about that in his first post, and so many people assumed that he had made those things himself.
I mean if someone posts a human model that he made, here at Elysiun, that’s great! Even if there are a few problems here and there. But if someone posts a more detailed Poser model as his own… well that’s what I was referring to.

Oh yeah, about Suzanne the monkey: it’s great for testing new shaders/materials, or new features in the renderer, etc. I use it all the time too. But not a picture of just the monkey head model in its own right.

Everyone can have this type of setup. Just save your models in full and in parts and learn how to reuse your parts to produce stuff like this. Believe me, it’s the only way to work with your 3d assets. Although 3d game designers, fantasy and 3d toon artist etc, may get less mileage out of their 3d assets. Complex realistic 3d objects are easy to reuse. You can turn a metal lunch box into a briefcase, into luggage, into a jewel case, etc. You always start off your modeling with generic shaped objects and save your work in levels. Later append in what seems to fit the shape of what you’re working on and work from that point.

A 3d modeling pro who has a well managed 3d asset library can start and finish projects faster than the average folk who don’t have a legacy of works.

If you model you should have weekly modeling sessions devoted to building up assets by categories that fit your 3d style or subject matter. Have you picked a modeling theme style “major”? Well start that up today, create a style and stick to it. It is easy to manage a style of 3d work and add assets to this theme.

well, we have the makehuman project.
this is similar in concept, and not silly at all. Of course, there’s a difference between using a makehuman model (or poser) and makin’ your own. This is no different.
and yeah, you could do something like this in blender and python, if you wanted.