Multipass GI Renderer?

I’m currently looking for a blender compatible Renderer that is capable of doing Global Illumination and Photon mapping and is able to save those to seperate passes.

Does anyone know of such a renderer? Is Pov Ray capable of multipass rendering?

Regards

i don’t know if there’s one capable of doing it, for sure not the unbiased ones (luxrender, indigo and radium).

maybe the rich-featured kerkythea can do that, but you have to check it.

another way is to calculate everything in blender internal with a uniform light, than calculate GI on a white model in any external renderer and then mix the images in the node compositor.

I'm currently looking for a blender compatible Renderer that is capable of doing Global Illumination and Photon mapping and is able to save those to separate passes.

Me too for the last 2 years. It seems every free/OSS render engine author is intent on reproducing the same functionality as each others renderer than filling in the gaps with the current offerings to give the community the ability to add in a GI pass to blender internal and give the speed and flexibility much needed for ‘photorealistic’ work and most importantly animations.

The Lightcuts GSOC might well solve the GI in blender gap otherwise VRay.

I’m currious. Why would you want to do that?
Also, Photon Mapping is a GI algorithm so how would it be possible to save GI and PM in separate passes if they are in fact the same?

Its likely due to the fact that this can only work for animations in which only the camera moves - great for archi flythrus but limited for most other situations. This limited audience is likely why they don’t take the time to implement it.

Can you get something similar with blender’s own radiosity baking functionality?