multiple import and mesh cross section

I have an object consisting of few hundred STL files modeled in SolidWorks.
I need to import all them to Blender but 1 by 1 is out of the question. How can I import multiple files in one run? I see that right click highlights multiple files in file manager but that doesn’t seem to have an effect?

Also, is it possible to get a vertical or horizontal cross-section of the imported mesh? Is there an easy way to do it?

Thanks

cb951303, the trick to getting the whole assembly into blender at once is to use SolidWorks’ assembly-to-part utility. (Its been a while since I’ve used SW, so I’m not sure how to get to it anymore…) Once you’ve got your multi-body part file, then create the STL from it within SW.

This STL should import into blender, likely still coming in as one object/mesh. The P-key in blender (in edit mode) gives you separation options to get the individual parts into separate objects (if this is what you need done…)

For making cross-sections, I’m researching that myself now to get an animated cross-section. I’m wanting to use Matt Ebb’s method like he used here, but not quite sure how to pull it off.

If you need simply an outline mesh of a particular slice of your meshes, then this scriptmight suffice. Its one I came across while searching here, but won’t work for what I’m after…

Hope this helps, Cheers.