Multiple models in a scene

With blender creating a model can take so much time to make. The problem I’m having is that when I create one model, I can’t use it in another scene.:ba: There isn’t a cut/paste feature in blender, so I’m forced to recreate the model. Now I have two models that I can’t recreate, and I need to know how to put both of them into a scene. Any suggestions???

I Would really appreciate any suggestions.

No cut and paste. Instead there is append or link. Open a new blender file. Go to the file menu, and choose Append or Link. Navigate to the file where you have your model. Select it. You’ll get a list of things that can be appended (copied over to the new file) or linked (displayed in the new file.) Your model will be one of the objects, if it’s the only one there, it will probably be called cube or plane or whatever object you added to start the model. As you create more complicated files, you’ll give your objects meaningful names.

In the header, you’ll see two buttons, Append and Link. Append will probably be selected by default. Append makes a copy of the object in your new file. Link displays the object in the new file, but if you want to make any changes to it, the changes have to be made in the original file.

Thanks so much, I really appreciate your help, you’ve really removed a roadblock for me thanks!!! :yes::yes:

In case you do not know yet there is an excellent manual with tutorial links at http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Manual.
It basically answers most of the questions.

Also, if you have more than one scene IN a file you can link an object to another one with ctrl-L. I tend to use this instead of very many layers. :slight_smile: