Multiple UV unwrap

All,

I have numerous objects (100s) that need have been applied with the same texture but need to be unwrapped. Currently I am having to tab in to edit mode on each and select smart unwrap.

Is there a way that I unwrap all of the objects at once? I cannot join them as a single mesh because I need them as separate objects and to individually separate them again would be extremely time consuming.

many thanks for your help in advance.

Are they duplicates of the same object ?
If so you can copy the UVs from the active object to any other selected objects with Ctrl+L / Transfer UV Layouts

I cannot join them as a single mesh because I need them as separate objects and to individually separate them again would be extremely time consuming.
Ctrl+J to join and P / ‘separate by loose parts’ to split them again, reset the origin the their geometry from the toolshelf. It literally takes just a couple of seconds.

Hi there,

Try this. I tried on simple cubes. Select all the geometry that you would like to Unwrap. Hit Space Bar type Smart UV project hit enter, will bring up dialog, hit okay and in my case it did work even though they were separate and didn’t have to be in Edit Mode as otherwise required. Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Serge.

Many thanks, this solves the problem. I did not appreciate that separate by loose parts would function like that. Thanks again.