Museum / chair [Update]

Hey,

My first finished project of witch im very proud :smiley: Learned a lot about texturing and env maps. Was meant to be my first try at photo realism but that didnt really worked out well, still happy with it though :smiley:

Ow btw, im sitting on such a chair right now 8)

http://www.fotohost.nl/image.php?image=alcapone_stoelSmall.jpg[/img]

My crits:

The wood on the chair looks weirdish. The picture needs to be beveled a little, and looks like it is floating because of no shadow casted by it onto the wall.

Other than that, it looks good!

Hey, what a co-incidence! I am too! :slight_smile:

Hey, what a co-incidence! I am too! :)[/quote]

Explain “The picture needs to be beveled a little”.
There is a fine shadow though, i dont really feel like making a darker shadow because the room is very bright. Any other suggestions to get rid of the floating issue?

Ok.

I meant, the picture’s edges need to be beveled; they look totally sharp.

My only suggestion is to make the shadows darker.

Ok.

I meant, the picture’s edges need to be beveled; they look totally sharp.

My only suggestion is to make the shadows darker.[/quote]

Im still a newbie, how to i “bevel”? :frowning: :smiley:

I might take a look at the shadows tomorrow, gotta have some sleep first (01:00 over here). bye

On 2.33 in editmode, press “W” then select “bevel”. Beveling is rounding out edges.

ASCII example:

BEFORE BEVEL:

|
|
|____

AFTER BEVEL:

|
|
 \____

:smiley:

Try adding some OA on “subtract” mode–this may give you the shadows you need to anchor the image to the wall.

Cheers,

b01c

cool as for a first project. Textures are quite ok you just need to work on lights. Keep it up! (but now start something else and use what you’ve learned :slight_smile: )

make a more detailed moulding - that is my only crit. either bumps or actual mesh editing is all that is required and it really adds to the feel of the room.

hi,

I made the shadows a bit darker and worked on the lights, better like this?

ow yeah, for those wondering, “imonline” is the name of my little internet company

Lookin’ good!