My 2ct. for coming 2.5beta

I’m very impressed by the developing of 2.5. I wish I could support it by sending patches for my suggestions, wishes and feature requests. But I can only start this little thread on BA - I’m an Artist. :wink:

Here are my suggestions, wishes and feature requests for the upcoming 2.5/2.6:

- In EditMode a “Pivot Point” with “Object Origin” to rotate/scale around.
It would be handy to have an additional “pivot point” in EditMode, to scale/rotate around the ObjectOrigin of the depending object.

- “B” - Box Select. Option to select only object which are 100% in the Selection Box. Same for Edges in Edit-Mode.
An Option to only select objects / Edges which are 100% in the SelectionBox. Currently all crossed objects/edges are selected.

- “B” should deselect before selection. No additive select, for additional selection maybe you have to press “shift” and than draw the ractangle.
The “B”-Selection should be a new selection. In most cases I have to press “A” to deselect all elements and than with “B” I can select only the ones I need.
Maybe the “Shift-Key” for additional selection.

- better priority for toggle between “select/deselect” in Object-/EditMode
The priority for additional selection (with shift and RMB) and deselection is to much weighted in the direction of “select”. Before Blender deselects an Element/Object, it selects every object around. Maybe an additional KeyCombo here, “Alt+RMB” to only deselect the element/object.

- Remove Doubles should be computed when there are no vertices in “zero distance”
The default value for “remove Doubles” is set to 0.000. If there are no vertices in that distance, than the script will exit it’s function. In most cases I need the script to merge vertices wich are not 100% on the same point (maybe 0.002 off). But the script will end, bec. there are no vertices on the same spot. :frowning:
EDIT: That was a bug in r30153, it’s fixed in later versions.

- same default value for tools, there should be no difference between activated by keyboard or by menu
Functions/Tools should have the same DefaultValue. Maybe if I’m in Editmode and I use “Select -> Linked Flat Faces”, than there is a different DefaultValue than by pressing “Shift+Ctrl+Alt+F”. (Menu: 0, Keyboardshortcut: 135). It should be the same value for the function activated by the menu or by Keyboard.

Test with: 2.5 r30153 Win7 64Bit
Thanks to all developers of Blender, for this nice piece of software!

In addition to the pivot point request I would like to have the option to center the pivot point to my object. Going into edit mode and manually moving the vertices to the pivot point is very annoying and not perfectly accurate.

If you can do this already then please tell me how, I’ve searched but only found how to center the cursor, which I don’t want to do.

In addition to the pivot point request I would like to have the option to center the pivot point to my object. Going into edit mode and manually moving the vertices to the pivot point is very annoying and not perfectly accurate.

If you can do this already then please tell me how, I’ve searched but only found how to center the cursor, which I don’t want to do.

hit spacebar then search for “origin”

Remove Doubles should be computed when there are no vertices in “zero distance”
The default value for “remove Doubles” is set to 0.000. If there are no vertices in that distance, than the script will exit it’s function. In most cases I need the script to merge vertices wich are not 100% on the same point (maybe 0.002 off). But the script will end, bec. there are no vertices on the same spot.

How is this different from how it is implemented, just change the threshold value which works interactively in the 3d view
http://www.screencast.com/users/blenderwho/folders/Jing/media/d10a947e-89b5-40fb-b3b4-6002785957ec

One thing i notice about Blender 25 is that if you do a loopcut, the selection mode will automatically set to the edge-select after that. This is quite annoying as you have to reset the selection mode of the 3D model.
Loopcut is a very frequently used tool… with this reseting to edge-select mode, the user has to make a lot of steps.

With the old 2.49, this is not an issue.

I hope they fix this problem.

Doesn’t do it for me using a recent build on a mac. If you have a bug, report it so it can get fixed. There is a link to the bug reporter in the Help menu of every version of 2.5. If you don’t report a bug, the developers won’t know what to fix.

I have just submitted a report. Thanks.

I know how it should work. But I don’t get the threshold parameter in case that there are no doubles with threshold of 0.
Test it with the default cube. Go into editmode and “remove doubles” the threshold doesn’t show up. If you copy one vertex on same position, than the threshold shows up and you can set a value.

(Blender 2.5 r30153)

Add a cube, select all vertices, press W / remove doubles. The threshold setting shows up and can be adjusted and the effect seen in the 3d view just as it should as far as I can see.
Demo http://www.screencast.com/users/blenderwho/folders/Jing/media/654604d0-2cc4-432d-97ec-3988c7763180

Ok, my fault. It was a bug in r30153. I have tested r30459, there it’s working now.
Thank you for your response.