I’m very impressed by the developing of 2.5. I wish I could support it by sending patches for my suggestions, wishes and feature requests. But I can only start this little thread on BA - I’m an Artist.
Here are my suggestions, wishes and feature requests for the upcoming 2.5/2.6:
- In EditMode a “Pivot Point” with “Object Origin” to rotate/scale around.
It would be handy to have an additional “pivot point” in EditMode, to scale/rotate around the ObjectOrigin of the depending object.
- “B” - Box Select. Option to select only object which are 100% in the Selection Box. Same for Edges in Edit-Mode.
An Option to only select objects / Edges which are 100% in the SelectionBox. Currently all crossed objects/edges are selected.
- “B” should deselect before selection. No additive select, for additional selection maybe you have to press “shift” and than draw the ractangle.
The “B”-Selection should be a new selection. In most cases I have to press “A” to deselect all elements and than with “B” I can select only the ones I need.
Maybe the “Shift-Key” for additional selection.
- better priority for toggle between “select/deselect” in Object-/EditMode
The priority for additional selection (with shift and RMB) and deselection is to much weighted in the direction of “select”. Before Blender deselects an Element/Object, it selects every object around. Maybe an additional KeyCombo here, “Alt+RMB” to only deselect the element/object.
- Remove Doubles should be computed when there are no vertices in “zero distance”
The default value for “remove Doubles” is set to 0.000. If there are no vertices in that distance, than the script will exit it’s function. In most cases I need the script to merge vertices wich are not 100% on the same point (maybe 0.002 off). But the script will end, bec. there are no vertices on the same spot.
EDIT: That was a bug in r30153, it’s fixed in later versions.
- same default value for tools, there should be no difference between activated by keyboard or by menu
Functions/Tools should have the same DefaultValue. Maybe if I’m in Editmode and I use “Select -> Linked Flat Faces”, than there is a different DefaultValue than by pressing “Shift+Ctrl+Alt+F”. (Menu: 0, Keyboardshortcut: 135). It should be the same value for the function activated by the menu or by Keyboard.
Test with: 2.5 r30153 Win7 64Bit
Thanks to all developers of Blender, for this nice piece of software!