My 3D adventure fighting game

this was made entirely with logic bricks, except code for camera movement, but was very hard manage all the bricks (about 50-60 for every objects)
So i prefered pass to python code, more useful and rapid to check :smiley:

1 Like

i’m not sure that python is the real reason behind a speed-up of the game logic. It’s more about the whole architecture of the whole game. I think there’s a big warning as soon as you have to go full pulse mode to make it work . Sometimes people use unecessary sensors just because they didnt made a nice concept of the architecture in the first place ; so they end-up with infinite number of sub-cases for which they need to provide more bricks …

are u still working on your game ?

1 Like

Yes ,trying to optimize the code .
But maybe i have to rebuild it with “sensor” more invasive.
With the Car race game they have been used properly and more, but i never go under 30 fps also in complex scene (just the road visible is never less than 100 obj :smiley: )

30fps with the BGE is a game experience disaster (i don’t know why :confounded: , but with some other games 30 fps is really playable ) . My game runs at 115 fps with 1440x900 on a noob ryzen3. But it’s true you have lot of objects in your scene.

in upbge 0.3 … :slight_smile: looks nice so far

1 Like

she’s scary ? :fearful:

3 Likes

This looks seriously beautiful i think people are going forward making games in UPBGE 0.3.0

Fred/K.S

I really really love the spot on shadows that bring about the accuracy of the lighting your game looks seriously awesome i cant wait to start the definitive Edition of my game TBW !!!

Fred/K.S

oh thx for feed-back. But i would like so much upbge 0.3 to work for on performance than rendering. My game lost like 65% of its performance. The arcade experience is lost but the game start to look serious now. I have to find a way to come back to 75fps at least (BGE 2.79 it was 120fps). Chasing vertex, baking textures , reducing animation keyframes … etc

An upbge 0.3 would be possible ? Making a static rendering pipeline will increase performance ? I have only a Ryzen3 APu

1 Like

Dude 1 word of advice if UPBGE 0.3.0 isnt stable enough to run for you then dont, why dont you consider my method.

Here’s a Buddy Suggestion:

• DO this make your Game in Blender 2.79 as the standard version only forget about graphics focus on delivering the game do like @haidme just make your game with BGE its all about "CAN YOUR GAME PLAY? / IS IT FUN? / IS IT STABLE?

if all of those are covered then you can worry about Graphics later! Rather get the mechanics and features running so that people can play it and enjoy it…

now what im doing is exactly that!
my game, The BlenderWARS - #An UPBGE Game !!! has 3 separate versions…
I Have Standard Build which is being made in UPBGE 0.2.0
I have a DEFINITIVE VERSION That will be made in UPBGE 0.3.0 Alpha and BETA etc
And the Lite version for Low Specs PC’s …

@blenderaptor as you’ve seen the current thread in its current state and the screenshots you saw, while it may seem like im pushing the Graphical fidelity of the game i want you to know that im doing so in the process, im pushing the Engine’s limitations and pushing it in territories it was not designed to handle and trying to experiment and see how the Developers can improve future versions namely the 0.2.5 and 0.2.6 builds of UPBGE and later on bring those capabilities in the 0.3.1 build !!!

this is a huge step forward, my DEFINITIVE BUILD will be just to flex UPBGE 0.3.0’s muscles by sacrificing performance for Graphics ridiculously, the Goal is to make the RTX Card and the 1080Ti (All the HIGH END Cards) Cry in the process and make High end gamer’s disappointing regarding their Cards. even though we’re just using Open CL/ GL idk One of those…

my game is designed to be a cinematic experience so i can not afford to butcher the overall Quality of the game just to satisfy a certain audience. its a hard process but im winning so far you shall see in the upcoming days buddy and keep doping feedback on my thread iam so grateful and happy.

Fred/K.S

upbge 0.3

bge 2.79 with 2 filters (im noob, just discovered the sun light today :crazy_face: ) i have shadows now

4 Likes

Looks and plays wonderful can’t wait to see more buddy!!!

Fred/K.S

3 noobs running after you.

2 Likes

Keep working on my pathfinding python module based on Dijkstra. In the future, i will use A* and introduce strategies like cutting your way to exit , standing grounds … etc

2 Likes

Ncaww thats cute bro !!! way to go man : )

Fred/K.S

I’m not too familiar with BGE, or game engines in general. When you mentioned a collaborative template, what is it that people have to keep making over and over?

(as per this comment of yours:
thx ! i have so many ideas for my game but i see that my work will be just exponential . But the more i go into the project, the more i see that stability is all , which make the project slower to make . That why i was talking about a collaborative template in the other thread. It’s a pity everyone playing with BGE has to make the same things over and over…)

What is that pathfinding system you use, navmesh ?

wow, people reacting on my thread …

Yes, getting agree on a game system, create libraries and fill with assets. Use a github or wiki. So as nobody reacted, i did it myself :stuck_out_tongue: the game system is pretty simple but i have to stay motivated to make it a real game. For a game collaboration, i think it works only in real life with friends. Online with strangers, just forget it.

No, i use empties as checkpoints. Navmesh in BGE is terrible (personal opinion)

4 Likes

starting to reviewing my animations…

4 Likes

I’ve Got an Online collaboration for TBW and it doesn’t hurt the development at all …
(Thks to Micro Managing, its easier to make progress regarding asset creation and Texturing for the game; But the smaller the team the better! And the larger the team the more terrible it is, hence why “open source”/ “Open Development”/ “Open Collaboration” projects are a Horrible consideration, if one wants to attempt a Game in UPBGE)

Or the “D . I . Y” Way stands as the Absolute way of doing things and getting things done which i will be returning to after TBW!

Fred/K.S