My Airport

I’m on vacation and thought it would be cool to make an airport. I’ve only been working on it for a couple of days. If you have any ideas they would be welcomed.

Attachments

The model is looking decent so far.
You would do well to pump up the energy of your light source a little and add a second one for sky light. Even if you’re just in the modeling stage, it’s hard to critique if it’s underexposed.

Sorry about that I think this one should be better.

Attachments

You are doing ok, try adding ray mirror for your windows and make sure you enable ray shadow for your light. I’m no expert on subject but I would recommend a one sun and one hemi light for your scene.

Interesting and challencing idea to model an airport!:slight_smile:

Hey thanks. I’ve never been good at lighting. This will help a lot.

Add Ambient Occlusion too, under the World settings.

Here are some alternate views from Tuesday. I should Have more updates later today.

Attachments

This is a mock-up of what the final terminal will look like. Comments are greatly appreciated.

Attachments

great… nice concept… one comment though… theres no place to have a car park… normally an airport with this shape would not have gates on one side so that people can get in the airport… now if thats straight from a design of a real airport then please correct me :stuck_out_tongue: but i think this is true… http://www.insolvenzprophylaxe.info/Bilder/Dubai_International_Airport_Drehscheibe_nach_Asien.jpg

Yeah most airports are like the one in your picture. Being down in florida for vacation instired me to do something like their airport. There is a main terminal where you check in and get your baggage. Which I haven’t made yet. and then you take either an above ground or under ground tram to get to the gates. http://www.alaskaair.com/as/www2/AirportGuides/images/AirportMap_MCO.gif

ok cool… that airport does still give space for vehicles and people to enter though :slight_smile:

This is what I have of the tarmac done. If I finish it tonight I’ll post an update.

Attachments

Havent had a chance to upload anything in a coupl days but this is about where I am now

Attachments

It’s been almost a year since my last update and I have started working on this project again. This update includes an airplane tow tractor. Stay tuned for more. As always critique is welcomed.

Attachments

Here is more vehicles for the airport.

Attachments

And some more.

Attachments

Finally got time to work on this project. I decided to add some airplanes to the airport. I am currently making more planes so stay tuned.

Attachments

Nice to see you picking an easy subject for your project /nod :smiley:

Looking very good; looking forward to seeing some more updates.

Two new 757’s for the airport.

Attachments

Three new 767*s for the airport.

Attachments