My attempt at an anime-style girl

Upon realising that there was a traditional art sub-forum, I came here and checked it out. I saw Shadowkawaii has a “Anime” style girl drawing, Which then I looked at a couple other ones and tried my hand at drawing something in the same style. This in no way is to compete with Shadowkawaii’s thread. It’s really it inspired me to try on my own. Pretty fun style, Nice and quick to do. Though I still prefer more “Traditional” and “Realistic” styles. Please, don’t hold back crits. I really want to know what’s wrong.

http://willtremblay.googlepages.com/Complete.png

Upon inserting the image here for my final comment, I realised her right leg (Left from our perspective) is “Deformed” strangly. Aside from that, anything to critique on?

I´m happy my post had inspired someone :smiley: , I tried many different Anime style, and in the end, I created my own, I dunno if it´s still anime, but I should say which having a style of your own is nice because it identifies you from the others

and nobody should be afraid of posting anything in the forum, were here share ideas and help others to become better

You did this directly in photoshop? I first draw in paper with a commom black pen, so the scanner could read only the black from the paper at the black & white mode,then I edited the edges and started coloring with the commom fill+enlight/darken button, it took in general more or less 30 minutes

If you like I can edit your work in a way I think it would be better and I will post here the results(don´t worry, I will do nothing more than pointing the mistakes using a picture,I can´t really say it using words)

Allow me to add you to my buddy list, any anime style fan is always welcome

You did this directly in photoshop? I first draw in paper with a commom black pen, so the scanner could read only the black from the paper at the black & white mode,then I edited the edges and started coloring with the commom fill+enlight/darken button, it took in general more or less 30 minutes

I do it directly in photoshop since I got my wacom tablet since it makes erasing easier, But I practice drawing on paper just as much. Especailly when bored in class ;).

If you like I can edit your work in a way I think it would be better and I will post here the results(don´t worry, I will do nothing more than pointing the mistakes using a picture,I can´t really say it using words)

Please do! I’m always looking for improvement. It’d be greatly appreciated :).

Allow me to add you to my buddy list, any anime style fan is always welcome

Sure :).

Here it is, I´m not perfect but I think the drawing become better this way, using this as base you can make some editing of your own too

Attachments

Well, It’s almost done in a completly different style :p;
I personally like my original better, But that’s just because it’s my style. Thanks for taking the time to help out though! The one thing that really stands out to me in yours is you did her right leg properly. I’d take time to fix it, if I hadn’t just gunned ahead and started something else >>;
As I said, I’m always looking for improvement. I’d take some time to clean this one up a little, bit I already started on something else:
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=81884
It’s a very different style though. I’m not sure I like the way I drew the face on it, but whatever.