My BattleTech Model

Greetings all!

It has been a VERY long time since I have posted anything on the Blender forums… and no doubt some of you have wondered where the heck I’ve been. Life is just kinda that way sometimes. :smiley:

Anyway, recently I have started getting involved with the game Mechwarrior: Dark Age. It is miniature game that I really like and it has prompted me to go back and look through my old battletech items for something cool to model… I chose the Madcat :smiley:

Have a look below and let me know what you think!
(the image is rather large so I will just include a link)

http://mysite.iptic.com/cujo31/Moot_Madcat_1024.jpg

Thanks!

Cujo31

once lost…now found

Nice modelling & texturing. Scale seems off compared to the Terragen background IMO. Lighting needs a little work as well.

Other than that, this rocks.

BgDM

i dont like mechs, but this model’s cool! :smiley:

Cool,

Mecha looks good, stylish and detailed, nice textures. Lightning is good too

Background is less good, I’m not sure it’s a sscaling problem, it is just a different rendering engine, and you can tell this…

Stefano

Hey stefano and everyone…

thanks for comments…

I was pretty happy with the overall model of the mech, but in trying to use Terragen to make a decent background, well I nearly pulled my hair out trying to get something remotely in scale and correct angle…

I still don’t think I got it right…but the is by far the best I had so far…

STEFANO: you gotta tell me about this water you have been doing…have missed your posts and would love to see them… always looking for ideas to complete my Edmund Fitzgerald animation… :slight_smile:

Cujo31

Water?

I didn’t know I was working on water…

Stefano

Nevermind…wrong person…

Whatya expect…LOL… I have been away far too long…

Hey Cujo, where have you been!?

I love the mech, it’s very “mechy”. Are you planning on making a walk cycle for this baby?

cheers,
Martin
PS: Do you still show the kids some blendering in class?

Hey Cujo!
Put wheels on that baby and enter him in the next F1 Challenge! :smiley:

Glad to see you are still Blending, man!

Great job on this one :slight_smile:
I think the relevant stuff has been said.
Maybe take away a few rockets to make it seem like it’s in action.

So there will be a next one? Yay!

1. pofo