My Blender Newbie Project

Hello everyone. This is my first post here, and my first project with Blender.
I started out with the BSOD character animation tutorial, but started tweaking the mesh, and got sidetracked on the editing and texturing.

There are a lot of things that I am not happy with, but all in all I’m feeling pretty good for having only been at this for a day… I need to do some reading on mesh topology, especially for facial features. I spent a lot of time tweaking the face of this model, and it still isn’t right…
The clothing and hair are procedural textures. I am happy with how the dress turned out for having pretty much just shot in the dark at it.

I’m not sure if I’ll keep tweaking on this model, or start from scratch on rebuilding her… I guess it depends on what I learn when I read up on the basics of character modelling and topology. If anyone has any good text based tutorials or resources, I’d be happy to have them.
I have a very slow internet connection where I live, and my bandwidth is limited so I don’t look at video tutorials very often.

C&C are very much welcomed and appreciated.

Attachments

there are a few things that could be improved:
arms need to be longer
cheekbones need to be fuller and come down more toward the jaw
eyes need to be sunken in a bit more. remember, eyes are a ball, set inside a socket.
the breasts go too far out to the sides, imo
mouth should be moved upwards toward the nose a bit
hands would be good. sometimes I start with the hand.

Thank you for the feedback.

I had real trouble with the eyes and cheekbones. I spent a lot of time moving them around, and never got a result I was happy with.
I did use spheres for eyes - I found it to be challenging to have them be the right size and have the face fit around them.

I have downloaded some head meshes I found on the internet so I can study how things are positioned.