My Camaro ZL1

Hi Blenderian People, here i bring to you my new personal project. A Camaro ZL1 under the tutelage of Christopher Plush (i have to polish my skills after several years away from Blender) and his DVD Training Video from CG Masters (I recommended amply this video series, to start from scratch are amazing, you can get it from Blender.org in the shopping area, or from cgmasters.net). And incidentally explain how i started to work To the people who wants to start in this wonderful and artistic world.

First thing

A Complete image gallery to get as many reference as possible (i got at least about 30 images). And with Image reference i mean PHOTOGRAPH. Like this two here

Second thing

Set the Blueprints

Third thing

Chose one part of the car and start to work. Mark Off the surrounded area to get a basic shape from the part to work. And then complete the basic shape of the entire part. We have to try to get the same vertices quantity and work with the less resolution possible to maintain control over there. And thus, continue working to complete the modeling process as clean as possible.

Attachments in second post aren’t working :frowning:

Thanks ctdabomb Its because the system only allows to put 3 Images for thread… and thats a problem when you want to explain something… i hope now it works.

Third thing

Chose one part of the car and start to work. In this particular case i follow the Chris video’s and started from the Hood. Mark Off the surrounded area to get a basic shape from the Hood.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]370239[/ATTACH]

And then complete the basic shape of the entire Hood.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]370240[/ATTACH]

We have to try to get the same vertices quantity and work with the less resolution possible to maintain control over there. And thus, continue working to complete the modeling process as clean as possible.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]370241[/ATTACH]

The high resolution in it, its because it has the SUBDIVISION SURFACE MODIFIER or SUBSURF (the second one at the bottom with a blue buttom activated, started from the top), and that allow to get a really smooth shape, BUT NEVER USE REALL MESH IF YOU CAN ABOID IT.

Thats all for to day.

Continue with the individual Body parts.

You can see:
1-the Front end
2-the hood
3-the hood cover
4-the laterals mug cover (or whatever it call)
5-mirrors
6-doors
7-handles.

all of it individuals pieces.

Looking great!

Thanks Terrance8D.

Continue with the progress here other images.

Almost finishing the Body.

The Roof and the rear mug guard are a single piece

A Close Caption from the mirror the door and the handled

You have some bumps right next to the front headlights on the corner. Still looking good though.:smiley:

Yeah Terrance8D, i notice that bumps, thanks. But i gonna fix that later, i don’t want scrub my process for that now.:smiley:

In this part I modeled the trunk and im started with the Back end.

Very nice progress! Very clean.

Back end and Muffle area finished . Thanks a lot IconW for your comment :smiley:

Making the Gas Cap

Looking good.:smiley:

clean and great start so far, keep going!

The Rims

The tires

The disc brakes

It’s really coming together!:smiley:

Here an Update

Attachments

Really nice modelling. Looking very good. Lighting and materials seem a little cg-ish. Quick tip, use cycles instead of internal… go to the scenes panel, go to color management and select a new look. The modelling is the hard part which you’ve got, the final tweaks are easy but tricky and they push it to the next level.