My Digital Painting And Other ArtWork

Here is another digital painting portrait trying to get it to look more realistic but still painterly. This one I just transferred the photo over I didn’t Free Hand draw it. I wanted to skip the drawing step for it as I am just working on getting the painting to look more realistic.

2 Likes

yeah good improvement but still you have to deal a little bit more with perspective and technical stuff to get the drawing right,if you get the drawing right you will get the painting right… for example the eyes look so flat in that way you paint it…try to study more about drawing faces in such perspectives… for example that post above this one you are almost there, so keep studying drawing and then practicing it so basicly you can try looking at this https://www.google.com/search?q=drawing+heads+and+faces+with+different+angles&client=firefox-b-d&sxsrf=ACYBGNSUvciaRCCkegoTU_nKIAoHhnSzKQ:1578031899788&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwitwtL24ubmAhVhw1kKHfz8DCIQ_AUoAXoECAwQAw&biw=1440&bih=764

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+draw+faces+from+any+angle

so my advice is that you keep practicing drawing first with the help of the principles,techniques,etc given in those youtube videos (or in google search) i hope that will help you :smiley:

1 Like

MichaelBenDavid Yeah I know Front View and Side View Proportions but once you add perspective it becomes a little more tricky for me. Like For example I keep putting the Ear to far away. So like on the Second to last one I did with the red shirt I believe the cheek is a bit to big I should of moved the ear in. Also Eyes are the most difficult thing for me right now. I can get the Drawing right but the eyes are still a struggle to paint. I know the Iris is concave or is that convex. Also the Eye lids rarely come out right. Any way So yeah the tips are helpful. This Drawing below is from an angle that I have one of the most problems with. I will keep practicing and thanks for the links.

1 Like

On this note of proportions being off. Those I am usually just eyeballing everything. I am not using any form of measurement. How Often do you just Eye ball compared to when you at least use something to measure, a pencil, thumb, Et cetera?

tho yeah still practice that for more longer before going to detail with painting :smiley:, until yo get those problems solved and you get that head perspective right you are good to go, tho even i should practice drawing myself as 3d artist to create characters and sculpting, like creation of concepts for it, also traditional and digital painting (of landscapes,persons, animals,etc).and else stuff that i can do with drawing…

MichaelBenDavid I can get the head looking good except the Eyes are the biggest struggle I can get the Drawing of the eyes to be ok. Yet Painting them not so much they always as you said seem flat. I think I will take a break from full portraits and just work on eyes drawing and painting. This latest painting The eyes I think are the weakest out of this painting.

Some More Painting Realistic Practice. I think this one the eyes are better and lips. The Light is more subtle so no strong shapes in the face.

A Charcoal piece I have not done much with Charcoal so trying different things. Also another 2 Angled Portrait that I may use as a realistic Painting Practice but I am not sure the accuracy of inside the mouth.

Here is a Self Angled Portrait drawn first then painted. The next two are some more angled drawings that may become painted pieces.

1 Like

A Fan Art Angled Portrait and more of a scene from the film. Also another Charcoal Piece. Plus a Over the Top Expression of shock surprise like what happened when people who actually needed it went to get some toilet paper.

Here is a Watercolor/Gouache Painting I did. Stupid Masking Tape tore the paper is there a way to keep that from happening and still use Masking tape? I tried to blow dry it to heat it didn’t help. Also I struggled with Ocean Water I realized I was over complicating it. Here two simple SeaScapes. Plus a Ship Wreck Scene.

Here is a Digitally Painted Ocean Sunset. Plus Two more Angled Portraits and a quick concept piece.

3 More Angled Portraits but 2 with a specific Expression. 2 of a English Actor.

Another three angled Expression Portrait. Character Concept.

Another Angled Portrait working on the inside of the mouth that part is still a little tricky. Also Digital Thumbnail for a Gouache Painting. This is the Thumbnail which isn’t exactly small but it didn’t take much time at all to draw. I was trying to go for a more angry one but didn’t like it. This one is more regal. Also, a Traditional Pen and ink trying to find a nice look for that but not quite happy with it. Also, I messed up when I was inking. Finally the Rough Sketch for my Tiger Gouache painting. I just hope I don’t mess it up.

Here is the Tiger painted in the Reference the Left side lower part of the face it shows in white I don’t know if I like that much white there may change that. Any way Just need to do the BackGround and maybe some touching up. Now the finished one. Also another Angled Portrait Practice. Then an Ink, Marker, and a Little white charcoal piece.

Another Angled Portrait. Also, just a fun piece I did with crayon and Colored Pencil and Charcoal. A Lioness done in ink, Charcoal, and Marker. Another ink, Charcoal, Marker piece.

I forgot the key rule for hair and in this case, the mane. That is to think of big shapes and work towards the detail. Still I now just call it Bad hair Day. Yep another angled portrait. Another Lion this one with mixed media paper and well, mixed media. It’s so so. Another Marker Ink, White Charcoal not bad.

Someone else requested I paint the latest angled practice in so here it is. Another three Ink, Marker, Charcoal Drawings.

Here is an Oohing Tiger done with Watercolored Pencils. Also two more Charcoal Pieces. Another Gouache Piece still not sure how to best use Gouache especially with something with Fur/Feathers.