My F1 entry! (edited: new concept)

Since Curtis has extended the F 1 contest deadline, I might as well take the opportunity to submit my new entry for critiques. I chucked the old concept because it didn’t seem very original. This new one still has a mess of artifacts though, especially with the shadows and AA. Any suggestions?

The Pond_racer

http://lennon.csufresno.edu/~rwv01/pond_racer.jpg

Yep, it seems wanting to all eat us!!

Waiting for more
YAYA

nice concept, though I think the ´mouth´ of the car is a bit weird

I decided against Jets because F1 cars are supposed to be able to handle extremely sharp turns, but tons of people go for jet engines. What gives?

Thank you for that comment. So many people have cars that can’t turn or go 500 mph (uh, an whole bunch of kph), but don’t even look at what F1 really is. It’s about turns and acceleration and some speed when you are done with the turns. It’s not drag racing. :wink:

SamAdam Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:00 pm Post subject:

Thank you for that comment. So many people have cars that can’t turn or go 500 mph (uh, an whole bunch of kph), but don’t even look at what F1 really is. It’s about turns and acceleration and some speed when you are done with the turns. It’s not drag racing.

I’ve looked at what F1 is… but oi! it’s hard to make a futuristic version based on those designs!! A gasoline powered engine… 4 tires… and stuffs…

My original sketch looked almost like a modern F1, except it had a jetengine on the back!! LMAO So I decided to fix that… Besides… when we loonies make out F1’s with Giant Engines, that’s because we see an equally GIANT racetrack!
At least that’s how I’m seeing it LoL

----But onto the important stuff!

Nice design so far man, can’t wait to see it smoothed out… looks like it’s going to toss mine into the scrap yard LoL

update

A jet CANNOT accelerate fast. Thats why it doesnt make since to have them. My concept uses magnetically propelled fans to keep it off the ground and to move. To turn it uses thrust vectoring. Anyway, I love the concept very origonal. The fish are kinda messed up though.