my first animation

this is my first attempt at animation, all done in blender. i brought in a drawing i had done and converted it to 3D, then animated the movement. i want to extend the movie to a minute or more and use armatures to make each piece move around and bend and rotate more freely. but i am having trouble getting the armatures to stick with the objects, or visa-versa.

If you can put a blend file here it will help. http://www.pasteall.org/blend/
This is not support but is is OK to post here a animation as a work in progress.

uploaded. called ‘sculpture_4animation.blend’

dude you need to post the link so people can see it.
also this should be in support, i was expecting an animation :frowning:

So you have to download it and then render the entire thing?

Drinac, did you actually make an animation, or are you looking at something that moves around in the 3D viewport when you press Alt+a?

An “Animation” at least for this forum’s purpose, follows rendering the still images, then using a codec to make them into a file that can be played by a video player such as VLC or Window’s Media Player.

If all you have is a blend file, then you need to take a look at turning your work into an animation that you could post on YouTube or Vimeo, then link or embed it here so we can take a look at it.

Hang in there Drinac. you can do this. love to see the first effort finished AND posted!

i have rendered an animation, and have tried to upload it. maybe this will work.

Grrrr. BlenderArtists ate my first attempt to respond…

Anyway, nice work. I like the abstract quality. Not many can pull that off.

I assume you are animating separate objects. I also assume by having trouble with the armature “sticking” to the objects means that after you parent the objects to the armatures, they seem to have minds of their own when you move the bones?

Anyway, in order to have well behaved meshes, the object and the armature should have the same location (normally 0,0,0) and scale 1,1,1 and rotation 0,0,0 before you parent them and do your weight painting. Select the objects (mesh and armature) in object mode and “apply” rotation and scale.

great, thanx. i will give that a try. right now i am working on a completely different project. i do abstract stuff, not having the training or talent to do realistic or even cartoon stuff. hopeully, i will be able to have it up this weekend …

great, thanx. i will give that a try. right now i am working on a completely different project. i do abstract stuff, not having the training or talent to do realistic or even cartoon stuff. hopeully, i will be able to have it up this weekend …

heh. Don’t sell yourself short, Drinac. Good abstract stuff is as much a skill backed by talent as any other art.

here is my second video. this is only the first attemp at it. a few adjustments and a new camera path is upcoming

Interesting Sculpture.

looks like a marble toy from the 80’s