My first attempt at animating

Hi, I’m obviously new here but I wanted to get some feedback. I read the stuff about but the seriousness when was registering and I did put a lot of time and effort into it even if the results turned out less so. It’s not like I can really help out my personality. So any comments or criticisms would be helpful as I really do want to get better at it. I’ll maybe warn you about the language in the sound clips I used. I thought they were funny and I needed something to help work out the timing but if it’s a problem I can replace it with a muted version. Um anyway thanks.

https://youtu.be/ng4vsiix4ok

That was fun. I really like your directing. Starting at the top of the christmas tree and going down was a great way to easy into your scene. I like the style. It was fun and expressive. Looking forward to seeing your next one.

Thanks :D, I really haven’t looked up how to do multiple scenes just yet. I think that’ll probably be the next thing I should work on. I love Blender, it’s given me the chance to do something I’ve wanted to all my life. I kinda wish I hadn’t arbitrarily set a Christmas deadline and started it so late because it crept up faster than I was expecting. So many last minute changes had to be made I even almost didn’t make it due to power outages and leaving rendering till the last day. Oddly enough time seems to drag on now that I’m not working on it. It was the most fun I’ve had in a while. Thank you again. I’m glad you liked it. There will be more. Have a happy New Year.

I agree with John. Good camera work. Ill keep an eye out for your progress. Good luck :up:

Thanks for the support. I think I have a decent idea layed out, now time to fire Bender back up and see how it works out.

I haven’t had much luck using the scene mode in blender. And, went back to using individual files and making transitions in the video editor. But, of course to do that you need to decide what is a scene. Or, just where your cuts will be. A help to me was looking up Film - camera shot / transitions on the net. There are many tutorials out there. By the way if you study films there are only really three or four transitions they use. I can emphathize with the setting of a realistic deadline for a project and not waiting until the last minute. Also a mental letdown if you will after working so hard on one since I’m going through the same thing right now. Sounds like a time to pursue a new Blender skill. Which in my case will be character modeling. You have obviously stepped into that arena already. Great effort and do keep at it. As I’ve mentioned before on this forum art is never finished. And, for us it is a journey that never ends. Next time give a little more thought to the dialog. theoldghost