MY first blender space ship, The Arauka Ondo

I did this ship once I found out how to do reflections. Do NOT spare my feelings. Please help me become better.

It is roughly based of the runabouts from Start Trek: DS9

Attachments

My dad wants to see it animated.

Thats high praise I guess. I still need to learn how to animate stuff. Once I find out how to, I’ll pm you.

To me it looks like either the geometry under the wings is messed up, or I’m making a fool of myself due to the lightning. Anyways, can we see a wireframe?

Sure. There are 2. I changed the view from solid to wire frame, and I didn’t like it. So, I’m also including a solid view of it without the subsurf. IT might be the mirror effect I added so the red would look like the glow from the impulse drives.

Attachments

I also made some pictures of it on in a partial cube with super mirror effect sides. In other words you can see all angles of it at one time. I’ll include it if y’all want.

Pretty cool, I think you’re on the right track. As far as the model, it’s not very complicated, but you did a good job what you did. This would be the type of model that would be included as a sample mesh with 3D programming software, like Blitz3D.

Keep taking tutorials and building up to more complicated things. Try browsing the finished projects section here for inspiration and to see what you may soon be able to do, and you might learn something from the works in progress section. It’s always interesting, if not educational, to see how someone put a model together.

mmm nice start!! but here is my C&C:

The window thing at the front’s material dsoent look very real right now, try messing around with some shaders until you get a nice look.

also, where the blue and red bits on the wings meet the hull, extude them inwards a tiny bit, this will help it look slightly more real and you will get a nicer overall effect

lighting, Lighting, LIGHTING!

but anyway, that me done for now, good luck, and ill cya around!

Keep taking tutorials and building up to more complicated things. Try browsing the finished projects section here for inspiration and to see what you may soon be able to do, and you might learn something from the works in progress section. It’s always interesting, if not educational, to see how someone put a model together.

I have been continuing to look at tutorials. My only problem is that most of them are lacking in pictures, so it says “Hit button XYZ” and I have no clue where XYZ is. I have also downloaded quite a few different .blends from people.

The window thing at the front’s material dsoent look very real right now, try messing around with some shaders until you get a nice look.

also, where the blue and red bits on the wings meet the hull, extude them inwards a tiny bit, this will help it look slightly more real and you will get a nicer overall effect

lighting, Lighting, LIGHTING!

I currently know nothing of shaders. I will look into it as soon as possible.

I think I understand what you mean about extruding (Or rather Anti-Extruding) the parts, and I will try to do so.

Lighting is bad, I admit. I have about 6-8 different lights at different angles so I can get moderate shots from all 4 cameras.

My dad wants to see it animated.

Just found out how to. Doing so now.

@ all

Thanks for commenting. Once again, please tell me what I need to work on and I’ll try to figure it out.