My first Blender Tutorial (Need feedback)

Hi folks,

I consider myself a Blender Noob, but as an assignment for a class I am taking I took a stab at creating my first blender tutorial. Please take a look at it and tell me what you think. Here is the link: http://mset.rst2.edu/portfolios/s/springstead_b/toolsvis/toolsvisweb/index.htm

I know it probably looks odd compared to other tutorials posted, but the format (intro, task, process, resources, eval, conclusions) and some other things were requirements of the class so I cannot change those.

Plus, my methods might be different (or completely wrong!) for modelling with Blender, but I do have many years experience drawing 3D models with AutoCAD. So if they seem screwed up that’s why. Please let me know if my methods are faulty. This is a learning experience for me.

The choice of modelling a mailbox may also seem odd, but I picked it for a number of reasons:

1. It’s a familar shape and can be made from a couple of objects
  2. It’s pretty easy to model (compared to other objects)
  3. I thought as a later exercise an animation of mail flying in would be interesting. Plus it could be made into a custom web “mail me” gif animation.

Anyway hope it might be useful to someone. :wink:

Thanks in advance

Wow - you obviously put ALOT of work into that… very well done!

This is great. You ought to get this tutorial added the Blender Tutorial wikipedia for easy access.