My first Character... Manga Girl Skate(WIP):

another update… :slight_smile: any tips , thanks

Loos good…The jacket could use come wrinkles…Use the sculpt tool to get some wrinkles
Anyways good job and i love the idea

Hi there, i have not been able to log in for the last two days. Here is the progress so far,
I change her hair to look more like my model.
I develop the jacket though there is there no visible folds.
Still i got no idea how i could put the extra accessories of the cloth.

Attachments

This is what I’m talking about, forgot to put it. :slight_smile: I like to put those two and the jacket together, see first page for the concept drawing of the jacket. Anyone who knows how I could put them together that it would look like my concept drawing. Thanks!

I also like to model this cap for her

this is the cap so far

and here’s Skate as of now

Attachments

looks great i think you can do Shift J to join the meshes but id be careful becuse im very new at this still but looks great

I know ctrl j, join mesh. I mean to join them that this black things won’t show up.
After joining and trying to put them together to become one mesh. I try to fill some spaces but this is what happen. I will try to explore it later this afternoon. By the way Thanks.

Attachments

Looking good, I think your issue with joining the meshes is because of subsurf, I would just model the belt (i think that’s what it is) seperate.

Keep it up!!!

here is her cap, Thanks for the comments. :slight_smile:

Attachments

Here is some progress I have made with Skate.
I created shoes for her but I change the design.
I also try to put textures on her but it only prove that I am poor at it.
crits are welcome.

Attachments

Hi there, guys I need some help in texturing any advice there. What could be the best texture for the jacket?, Thanks. ^^

Progress for today, I have manage to create her skateboard. I was not going to any realistic skateboard but I like to be a little accurate.:o. comments and crits are welcome. Thanks. :slight_smile:

Attachments

I try to texture skate jacket. :slight_smile:
I’m still thinking if I’m going to have it a fatigue, khaki, or camouflage. I try a brown self created camo texture. It does not look good I be trying another texture and color.
I would like to ask where could I get good camouflage texture or something for military clothes thanks.

Attachments

hey :wink: nice work :smiley: you’re fast :eek:

what about this textures:
http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/1420801/1/istockphoto_1420801-military-square-mosaic-texture.jpg

http://www.loreleiweb.com/preview/texture2/11.jpg

http://www.texturenwelt.de/texturen/T_256x256/330.jpg

–> PS: try a combination with a toon shader :smiley:

Do you still have the jacket prob?
Did you try : Flip all Normals to Outside ??

Thanks for the sites,
Well I still have the problem for the jacket for now I prefer the hip adjuster as a separate mesh.

Update for the texture of the jacket. :slight_smile:
Also try some toon shade but I don’t know how to have the setting’s correct. I was not good at texturing and shading.

Heres the texture I use.

a little render and a mess with toon shader

Not much, I try to texture her clothes using procedural and image textures.
Can anyone help about the texturing the shoes. I don’t have any idea on where to start with it.
Help is very much appreciated. Thanks!

can you upload a file of her so i can see how you’ve done it and show you what you can work on!

Hello, ^^ gonna upload it later. Thanks!
A little fixing with the hair I model the crease to give it more volume.
as a step for toon shading I downloaded Maid san setting . Thank you for the one who made Maid san.:slight_smile:

Attachments

Hello there I try some toon shade.
c&c are welcome, i hope there are going to come.
The shoes still don’t have a texture i decided to a UV map.

Attachments