My first ever: Workstation

Hello. I’m new to the Blender and I am copypastaing the text at http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro/Beginning_Modeling_Final_Project because I am too lazy to write something down myself. Before I continue with the wikibook, I need some feedback from the community about my skill level so that I can determine my progress so far. Please evaluate my model and these screenshots for the following: 1) I demonstrate an ability to navigate in 3D space. 2) I demonstrate an understanding of the basic parts of a 3D model, such vertices, edges, and faces. 3) I demonstrate an ability to create form in three dimensions. Please assist me with any feedback on my model, keeping in mind that I am an absolute beginner still. I appreciate your help.
Man, that really sounds plain…

Anyway. I feel I can still work many things of this render. Some proportions, some lighting… But right now I am quite tired to continue on it. I’m not sure if I’m doing right to post here, but I’m doing it.

Bam.

Weet.

I would say that you are successful in all three of those, and probably a couple more that haven’t been mentioned. The only things that catch my attention as being sort of odd looking is the streak of light at the upper right of the desk and the fact that the floor is that reflective and shiny. But those are small nitpicks really, the scene more than completes the requirements for that final project.
Welcome to the forums :smiley:

That is srsly not bad. Nice first-off. The lighting is a little stale, as you mentioned, but that’s more of a matter of balance than a matter of technical skil, however ambient occlusion–used with caution–can provide a welcome addition to a picture.