My first finished project in Blender

My first fully-realized 3d model from scratch after a long break from modeling. It’s not perfect, but I’m really pleased with how it turned out. I used Substance Painter for texturing, except for the plants, which are pre-textured assets from Grasswald.

26 Likes

Nicely done :+1:

Only crit had been the hydrant’s scale as in height.

According too North American NS dimensions, are usually between 24 - 26 inches which imo now seems about right via your finalised screencap’d image.

Perhaps what initially threw me off, was in relation to the ‘blocky’ kerbside detailing.

Relly good, especially for your first blender project!

Looks good

Very easy for my eyes to accept that I am looking at a real hydrant. The graffiti is a nice touch.

@sacboi Thanks for the feedback, and that’s a great observation. I think I got too obsessed with the details at a certain point, and just eyeballed the scale of the sidewalk and curb. Definitely something to keep in mind in the future!

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

Wow, thank you!!

1 Like

I think that is a fantastic scene. Love the simplicity and perfect staging, nice work…

Thanks for the likes and replies, everyone!

@sundialsvc4 Yeah, the graffiti (and stickers) were a fun touch. I thought the model looked a little plain without them, and I wanted to experiment with adding decals in Substance Painter.

Nice fire hydrant. The chains and decals are a nice touch. :slightly_smiling_face: